Learn more

Boulder Creek Road is a 21 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Descanso, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for nature trips and scenic driving and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 21.0 miles Elevation Gain: 2,926 feet Route Type: Point to Point

scenic driving

This is a fun truck trail for a nice relaxing drive. The trail is very smooth and not very many curves. It takes about an hour to complete. At the end of the trail you will be spit out on the 79 in Descanso. Instead of turning around at the end of the trail just follow the 79 to the 8 freeway to return to wherever you are coming from.

I’ve gone twice sunny and while raining. First time I saw wild turkeys second time we found a group of cows and one crossed right in front of us. Beautiful scenic route

ohv/off road driving

Very easy trail, one of the smoothest dirt roads I've ever driven. I did not get to check out the Three Sisters Waterfalls Trail, since it was all blocked off by fire and sheriffs. Not sure what happened, but had a laugh at the Descanso Fire Department getting their pretty truck dirty. 15 miles of dirt road each way to that call. Hope every one is ok there.

Wed Jan 09 2019

Very easy trail, a little bumpy but any car can do it.

Sat Mar 04 2017

Good for gentle off-road - great for off road with strenuous hiking at Three Sister Falls. Nice vistas, water falls and switch backs. A bit long and monotonous.

Sun Jun 12 2016

If you are looking for off-roading experience this trail is not it. Although it is a nice scenery drive like other review said. I went with the hope of checking out some nice scenery with a little nice off-roading experience but was a little disappointed. You don't need an off-road vehicle for this trail, most people you see on this trail have 2wd sedan cars just sight-seeing.

Fri Apr 01 2016

It was fun, but wasn't quite as offroad as I liked to imagine. When I started to see Prius's and other economy cars I was thinking I'm in the wrong spot,lol. However, if you make it to the to where the hiking trail is, you'll find the actual offroad portion and the GPS will tell you is called "Three Sisters Falls". Great for the beginner offroad looking to get their feet wet.

Sat Oct 24 2015

Chose this trail as my first Off-Road trail. Had a great time. Great scenery and a fun drive.

Sun Nov 07 2010

This is a fun truck trail for a nice relaxing drive. The trail is very smooth and not very many curves. I would not do this trail if you are looking for a exiting expereince. On the other hand it has great scenery. It takes about an hour to complete. At the end of the trail you will be spit out on the 79 in Descanso. Instead of turning around at the end of the trail just follow the 79 to the 8 freeway to return to whereever you are coming from.

Sat Apr 21 2018