Boucher Trail and Scott's Cabin Loop

Boucher Trail and Scott's Cabin Loop is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Aguanga, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Boucher Trail to fire tower overlook, then Adams Trail to Scott's Cabin Trail back to Silvercrest Picnic Area.

Beautiful trail. don't forget to bring your insect repellent.

Cool trail with ridgeline views of Harrah's casino below. Some parts of trail could use some TLC. Had to bend and climb through some brush.

We just did this loop June 4th, 2017. Boucher Lookout has spectacular views, and normally the ridge line views along the Adams trail are quite beautiful. I've done this exact loop before and my last trip in February I gave it four stars. However, the Adams trail needs some serious TLC. As of June, 2017 it is severely overgrown, almost impassable in numerous places. At several times we had to crawl on our hands and knees, even stomachs, and climb over/under (mostly through) bushes and dead trees. I'm not a novice hiker by any means. I truly love hiking. But, until this trail gets cleared up, I'd recommend spending your time doing a better trail elsewhere. Ideally Palomar State Park officials should close the Adams trail until it is cleared up, so other souls don't have to suffer through the misery we endured today.

However, if you like hiking off trail, bushwhacking, groveling in dirt and sticky bramble bushes, tripping over root stumps, crawling over and under burned out trees, and loads upon loads of bugs, then this is a terrific trail for you. It would also make a great date hike if you have a girl/ guy you really want to break up with. This trail would do the trick for sure. In that case, I would give this trail five stars.

Buen Camino,

KV Adventures

Great trail. Lots of fallen trees to negotiate, woodpeckers to listen out for & outstanding views as your prize. Hiking boots needed really & plenty of water. Make sure to check out 'Mother's Kitchen' for breakfast or lunch before heading into the park!

Relaxing/easy hike to do! There was a lot of trees knocked down on this trail, but it was fun to climb over them while hiking

Saturday, October 01, 2016

Great trail once you are on it. The ranger typically invites hikers up to see the views from the Fire Lookout Tower

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Hiked almost 9 miles today. Weather was nice. Only saw about 10 people. Stuck to the perimeter trails to get the most distance. Not too much elevation. Baptist trail gained some elevation fairly quick but then leveled out. Boucher's Hill and the lookout is nice as well. I will be going back for more.

Sunday, April 03, 2016

Absolutely beautiful.

Sunday, March 06, 2016

Beautiful. Saw some deer.

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Nice well maintained trail thru pine forest with fire lookout tower overlook with great views

Monday, January 13, 2014

We hiked from Doan Pond up the hill towards the picnic area then back around to the school camp. The weather was threatening, no rain but a cloud lay upon the mountain, and we walked through mist. Air temp in the low 40's, autumn colors were outstanding, very few people were out hiking. I decided Palomar Mt. is at it's best when the weather keeps the crowds down. You may have to bundle up, but the solitude, and beauty is worth it!

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The trails on Palomar mountain are fabulous. There is very little foot traffic on these trails even when the campgrounds are full. I have put in over 20 miles of hiking a day here and seldom see more than a handful of people on the trails which is wonderful for me!!!! I did have my worst trail running accident ever on these trails (no fault of the trail I was on flat ground) but tore my ankle up bad..... hiked out 4 miles, drove myself the 2 hours to San Diego Hospital, still return to camp/hike there!

Friday, November 25, 2016