Boucher Trail and Scott's Cabin Loop

Boucher Trail and Scott's Cabin Loop is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Aguanga, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Boucher Trail to fire tower overlook, then Adams Trail to Scott's Cabin Trail back to Silvercrest Picnic Area.

We loved this hike. Somehow we turned it in to about 6 miles and the fit bit says about 112 stairs climbed. Lots or great up and down trails. Some downed trees across the trail here and there. Hope they don’t remove them. Easy to get a little of everything on these trails. E will be back soon.

There is a $10 entrance fee to the park. CASH ONLY so come prepared. The general store will do cash back if you forget but they are limited by what’s in the till. The trail to the lookout was short and moderately steep. The views would be spectacular on a clear day, but it was hazy when we went. From the lookout, the trail heads downhill and there are numerous downed trees across the trail that were fun for our toddler and made the day interesting. Overall, trail would be considered an easy outing if it wasn’t for the downed trees you have to traverse along the way.

Amazing views as always and the in the freezing temperatures much of the trees and foliage around covered in stunning icicles!

Me, my husband, and our 2-year-old did this loop trail today (2/4/18) and it was amazing. Beautiful views, plenty of shade, quite a few easier sections where our son was able to get out of our hiking backpack carrier and walk himself, and we only saw 3 other groups the entire 3-and-a-half miles (that may be due to it being Super Bowl Sunday though). The weather couldn't have been more perfect, it was between 66 and 70 degrees throughout our hike (we started at 10 and got done at 12:15). We will be back frequently.

Beautiful trail. don't forget to bring your insect repellent.

Cool trail with ridgeline views of Harrah's casino below. Some parts of trail could use some TLC. Had to bend and climb through some brush.

We just did this loop June 4th, 2017. Boucher Lookout has spectacular views, and normally the ridge line views along the Adams trail are quite beautiful. I've done this exact loop before and my last trip in February I gave it four stars. However, the Adams trail needs some serious TLC. As of June, 2017 it is severely overgrown, almost impassable in numerous places. At several times we had to crawl on our hands and knees, even stomachs, and climb over/under (mostly through) bushes and dead trees. I'm not a novice hiker by any means. I truly love hiking. But, until this trail gets cleared up, I'd recommend spending your time doing a better trail elsewhere. Ideally Palomar State Park officials should close the Adams trail until it is cleared up, so other souls don't have to suffer through the misery we endured today.

However, if you like hiking off trail, bushwhacking, groveling in dirt and sticky bramble bushes, tripping over root stumps, crawling over and under burned out trees, and loads upon loads of bugs, then this is a terrific trail for you. It would also make a great date hike if you have a girl/ guy you really want to break up with. This trail would do the trick for sure. In that case, I would give this trail five stars.

Buen Camino,

KV Adventures

Great trail. Lots of fallen trees to negotiate, woodpeckers to listen out for & outstanding views as your prize. Hiking boots needed really & plenty of water. Make sure to check out 'Mother's Kitchen' for breakfast or lunch before heading into the park!

Monday, April 03, 2017

Relaxing/easy hike to do! There was a lot of trees knocked down on this trail, but it was fun to climb over them while hiking

Saturday, October 01, 2016

Great trail once you are on it. The ranger typically invites hikers up to see the views from the Fire Lookout Tower

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Hiked almost 9 miles today. Weather was nice. Only saw about 10 people. Stuck to the perimeter trails to get the most distance. Not too much elevation. Baptist trail gained some elevation fairly quick but then leveled out. Boucher's Hill and the lookout is nice as well. I will be going back for more.

Sunday, April 03, 2016

Absolutely beautiful.

Sunday, March 06, 2016

Beautiful. Saw some deer.

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Nice well maintained trail thru pine forest with fire lookout tower overlook with great views

Monday, January 13, 2014

We hiked from Doan Pond up the hill towards the picnic area then back around to the school camp. The weather was threatening, no rain but a cloud lay upon the mountain, and we walked through mist. Air temp in the low 40's, autumn colors were outstanding, very few people were out hiking. I decided Palomar Mt. is at it's best when the weather keeps the crowds down. You may have to bundle up, but the solitude, and beauty is worth it!

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The trails on Palomar mountain are fabulous. There is very little foot traffic on these trails even when the campgrounds are full. I have put in over 20 miles of hiking a day here and seldom see more than a handful of people on the trails which is wonderful for me!!!! I did have my worst trail running accident ever on these trails (no fault of the trail I was on flat ground) but tore my ankle up bad..... hiked out 4 miles, drove myself the 2 hours to San Diego Hospital, still return to camp/hike there!

recorded palomar mountain