Borrego Canyon to Red Rock Canyon

Borrego Canyon to Red Rock Canyon is a 4.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Trabuco Canyon, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Whiting Ranch Wilderness Park, (949) 589-4729

This was the first real hike I took my 7 year old daughters on. They loved it! It's quite rocky and I'm a little nervous to try any trail other than easy with them. This was "easy" but still had some tough spots to get through. We missed it twice, once going too left and getting onto a loop trail and once going too right and ending up on Mustard Rd. The kids loved the small loop so much we did it twice!

Did this hike with my company. Easy to hike and carry on conversations. Not hard to do. Nice views since we went after the rains. Streams were flowing over. Everything was green. Lots of shade. Mt bikers share the path with you to red rock canyon . Not a pet friendly trail. Good hike to take the family on. Rewarding view at the end when you reach this beautiful rock of nature. Will do this one again.

Awesome hike, very cool terrain that is not expected.

Did this hike last night. The recent rains have washed out the trail pretty good once you get to the end of the Borrego Canyon Trail and start on the Red Rock Canyon Trail. The trail has seen severe erosion and more than a foot of dirt has been washed away leaving small boulders that make going slow and the trip a little more challenging for your ankles. The lowering of the trail leaves little room for passing opposite traffic. The Red Rocks themselves don't seem affected by the erosion though and are still quite a sight, I'd still recommend the hike just go in knowing it will be a little more challenging than normal.

My 3.5 year old, 7 year old, husband and I completed this hike. It was a few weeks after the rain so a bit muddy in places, but fun! We packed our lunch and ate on the red rocks and then headed back. With little legs it took us close to 4 hours with a short lunch stop round trip. We all thoroughly enjoyed it!