Borea Canyon

Borea Canyon is a 5.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Arrowhead Springs, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

I am surprised that hiking options like this aren’t better marked. However, following directions listed I found the hike off Chiquita lane. The hike itself was great but is is more of a fire road than a trail. It is a steady and continuous climb into the mountains. It extends well beyond what is marked and outlined above. I went in about 4.5 miles before turning around and could easily kept going if I didn’t start so late in the day. Bring water and enjoy the walk and the solitude. I was passed by one mountain biker but other than that enjoyed the ever changing panoramic views.

Peaceful and beautiful

great workout

Great running hike!

Great hike. Very quiet and decent views of SB.

The trail is a good leg work-out, it is all uphill until you start heading back. Trail is probably best when it is spring to enjoy the green scenery.

Maybe a silly question, but is there any concern for coyotes on this trail?

The trail is a semi maintained dirt access road and the route doesn't have an actual destination. I kept going east past the concrete slab on the saddle to a summit. The best part of this trail is the changing vegetation and views. The route is also good exercise. It is about 2 1/2 miles (or more if you keep going like I did) straight up. I recommended starting out as early as possible as this is a fully exposed trail. Also, wear bug spray. Although someone has said it is ok for mountain bikes I would say the only reason for MTB on this trail is to build endurance. Overall, worth doing once...especially because it was convenient...but probably won't do it again.

Parking: I parked on the street (Chiquita Lane) and climbed over a white gate. This is not a marked trail with an official trailhead.

My me and my son hiked just past the old water tank. A total of 7.3 miles. The trail continues for a while. You can take it to the 330. The trail has no shade. Bring plenty of water and food if you are going to make a day of it. I enjoyed the views. You can a really nice view of the Arrowhead.

There is no official trail head that I can see. You enter through a closed white gate onto an old road that eventually turns into an exposed trail.

Easy family walk

Friday, May 19, 2017

This is my weekend hike as I live really close, these hills are right behind my house and I feel like they're my own LOL. You can go up without having to trespass any private property or jump any fences . There's two ways, start from the corner of Lomas Privadas Dr. and Daley Canyon Rd. and go into a small forest w a road that turns into a dirt road, then go up to the left OR take Sterling Ave all the way up unto it back into the foothills and walk up and then to your right. This hill range is beautiful and as you go up higher and deeper into the canyon you're surrounded by hills and there's more vegetation and flowers. I see very few people here, usually the same 3-4, it's so peaceful and you can go up and walk from hill top to hill top, you could probably spend all day here but my hikes have been at most 3 hours round trip. I recommend this one

Monday, May 15, 2017