Border Field Trail

Border Field Trail is a 1.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near San Diego, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

beach

old growth

I-5 south get off at Dairy Mart Rd. Make a right on dairy Mart Rd. pass the stop sign and you will see the trail head on your right. to get to the beach just keep going straight on Diary Mart till it ends. ( Dairy Mart Rd. turns into Monument Rd. )

Good maintained trail. easy trail for beginners like me.

pretty lonely trail

This is a nice place to take the family. It's an easy walk. We saw lots of crabs and other little animals in the little creek. Watch out for horse poop. Oh and you're not allowed to go up to the fence

Also, make sure to heed the signs asking you to walk on the hard sand once you get to the beach. The nesting birds will come swooping at you :)

Wednesday, August 03, 2016

good Walk good views good plants!

Wednesday, August 03, 2016

Great trail, wouldn't go at night

Monday, March 21, 2016

Try to ride at least once a week.

Saturday, January 23, 2016

We rented horses and rode the beach.

Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Nice walk

Thursday, July 02, 2015

Nice run near the border

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

I did this last year so I could see first hand the dead whale that had washed ashore. I am posting pictures of that, so enjoy.
It was very interesting to be that close to the border and seeing the old bull fighting ring, among other sings. Makes you glad to live in America.

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

This park begins from Dairy Mart Rd. and it ends at the beach. there are many posts where you can park your vehicle. the park at dairy mart rd. is getting a trail lift, meaning that the trails are getting fixed. and i guess they are fixing as to how to walk around during rainy season cause it floods. but just went there yesterday and it looking nice. in spring look out for snakes. watch your kids and keep dogs on leash. all in all it's a decent park..I sugest you read Afoot and Afield is a book about trails in San Diego.

Friday, November 14, 2014

The road to the beach was closed so we did the entire park on foot. We spent a few hours just wondering around. The only problem was dodging all the landmines from the horses. Kiddos loved climbing on the huge dirt mound. Overall it was nice, but we probably won't head back again. Kiddos didn't like not being able to play in the water and I felt like I was in the middle of no where.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

good trail to take your dogs on however I would advise to keep them on leashes also good for horse back ridding