Borden Hatch to Grabtown Gulch

Borden Hatch to Grabtown Gulch is a 7.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Half Moon Bay, California that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

A moderate hike through the Purisima Creek Redwoods Open Space Preserve. Enjoy scenic views on the Borden Hatch Mill Trail. Take the Purisima Creek Trail. Then Borden Hatch Mill Trail to Grabtown Gulch trail. Return Via the Purisma Creek Trail.

Fun.

May 2017 // You don't have to go far to feel completely removed from the city. The Purisima Creek trail snakes along a tranquil creek where you'll cross several wooden bridges. You are surrounded by towering redwood trees and giant ferns. Start from the bottom, hike up Purisima Creek trail, take the more secluded Craig Britton single track connector, then go down the Harkins Ridge trail (steep-ish) to get back to the parking lot. On a hot day, it's a nice hike because the greater part of this path is veiled by trees so you're shaded mostly :)

Great hike. My friends and I found parking very easily. Bathrooms are located at the start so plan ahead or bring flushable baby wipes lol.

We hike the trail going clockwise and it was hard in the beginning since there were numerous hills. On the last 2-3 miles of the hike it's pretty flat. Bring about half a gallon of water and you'll be fine.

The hike took us 2-3 hours since we took snack breaks and to let us catch our breath. It was very foggy that day therefore it was wet and muddy under the redwoods so I recommend hiking shoes.

My hubby and I did this hike today. We really enjoyed, but did think that it was a bit long (~2.5 hrs).

Perfect hike!

Monday, October 03, 2016

Amazing redwood groves and really easy and relaxing hike.

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Prob not 5 stars but using rating system to balance out the "1 star" rating because the dude couldn't find the trail. It's pretty easy to find if you read ratings below.

Friday, September 16, 2016

I've done everything in the park many times. This trail is best done walking up the creek first and then down on the other trails. The single track in the middle is awesome... Make sure to have shoes that grip well. There are some easy places to lose footing no matter what time of the year.... Winter wet and summers hard pan with loose dirt.

Monday, August 22, 2016

One of the most beautiful hikes I have done in a long time.

Tuesday, May 03, 2016

So beautiful! Loved this hike!

Sunday, January 03, 2016

This was a great hike. I would say it's moderate to hard with some amazing views. Very steep if you go up the left side.

Thursday, August 06, 2015

i came here with friends on an early Saturday morning. You have to or else you ran out of parking, by the time we got here around 830a, parking is full so we had to park on the side street. this was not hard to find just as long as you open your eyes for other cars who are parked or else you will miss it. We started at the purisima creek trail then heading to Craig britton to harkins ridge trail. the views were amazing. When you get to the top, don't forget your sunscreen since it didn't have much shade but when you begin the hike, then there's lot of shade.

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

I agree.. Nowhere to be found!!

Friday, March 28, 2014

This is the lower portion of the Purisima Redwoods Open Space. It exists.

Monday, March 24, 2014

This place does not exist! Drove to the directions indicated and there wasn't any kind of trails in the vicinity!