Bootjack Trail Loop

Bootjack Trail Loop is a 6.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Mill Valley, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November.

old growth

Admire the breathtaking Redwood (Sempervirens) Trees as you stroll through historic groves.

Es un paseo bello e inolvidable. estar entre esos gigantes. se siente el aire puro. Lo recomiendo.

Beautiful! ❤️

muy útil, y gran ayuda. gracias.

great

Beautiful trail among the Redwood trees. One of the best hikes. Steep up on Bootjack trail, but worth every step. Go early on weekends as it gets crowded.
I did a quick extra back and forth at the junction of TTC and Ben Johnson near Dipsea trail to enjoy the view on the ocean, worth the extra 10min.

Long but great hike! Completed in 2.5 hours. Lots of shade, forest to look at.

Beautiful trees with easy to moderate inclines. Get there early to avoid throngs of people. I went there on free admission day, and it was still very enjoyable. Will be going back to try out other trails.

Really nice trail. A number of hills and slopes but easy to navigate.

Recommended!

Beautiful trail. Very easy to follow and navigate. Steep moderate is accurate as it is steep in some places. Seems to be either uphill or down throughout but plenty of gradual elevation gain, just not much flat terrain. I cannot express how beautiful it is in John Muir Woods. Enjoy!

Really nice short hike, so nice to be amoungst the redwoods and lots of streams, pools to pause at. Went on a week day so wasn't too busy at the bottom at all and only saw one person on the upper trails with me. Steep up Bootjack, so a nice workout, the rest is gentle. Really great as the leaves are turning. Easy to make longer and break the tree line at the top.

The forest was very nice, the redwoods are really impressive. Highly recommended. My Apple Watch told me we walked for 8.89 miles though. Not sure which one is right. Better get there before 8am if you go during the weekend. Parking is very limited. I cannot stress this enough.

Arrived Muir Woods parking lot at 7:30 and up Dipsea/Dirt Road to Pantoll then Alpine to Bootjack and back down....wonderful scenery and view at top...took approx 3.5 hrs...climb up is steady yet enjoyable...down bootjack is steep with stairs...Delightful

The best ever

This was our very first hike me and my wife found it interesting and is real challenging for us. Very good and beautiful trail. This gave us confidence on these next one in big basin.

Awesome trail and no crowds!

Great hike - out of and back into Muir Woods via the Bootjack, Alpine, Old Mine Road, Dipsea and Ben Johnson trails.

Beautiful hike.

Excellent hike. I prefer to do the uphill portion of a hike first and then finish with the easier downhill portion. Enter Muir Woods and take the loop clockwise - Hillside Trail up and Bootjack back down. Go early and the trail is empty, go late and it's way too crowded. I started at 8:00 a.m.

Monday, August 29, 2016

Well kept trail. Nice and cool weather when we went. Make sure to bring water as there are no fountains on the trail and a map as always. Have fun!