Bootjack Trail Loop

Bootjack Trail Loop is a 6.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Mill Valley, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November.

old growth

Admire the breathtaking Redwood (Sempervirens) Trees as you stroll through historic groves.

The forest was very nice, the redwoods are really impressive. Highly recommended. My Apple Watch told me we walked for 8.89 miles though. Not sure which one is right. Better get there before 8am if you go during the weekend. Parking is very limited. I cannot stress this enough.

Arrived Muir Woods parking lot at 7:30 and up Dipsea/Dirt Road to Pantoll then Alpine to Bootjack and back down....wonderful scenery and view at top...took approx 3.5 hrs...climb up is steady yet enjoyable...down bootjack is steep with stairs...Delightful

The best ever

This was our very first hike me and my wife found it interesting and is real challenging for us. Very good and beautiful trail. This gave us confidence on these next one in big basin.