Bootjack Trail Loop is a 6.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Mill Valley, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November.

Admire the breathtaking Redwood (Sempervirens) Trees as you stroll through historic groves.

Enjoy this hike and the beautiful views. It was hard for me because of all the stairs and steps this hike had but overall it was beautiful!

Really great hike! One of the best around. Only saw a few people on the trail and there is plenty of shade! We went in the morning and it was the perfect time. Saw some deer and a banana slug (watch out for them crossing the trail!) Most tourists do not usually hike and just check out the visitor center and around it. I recommend reserving parking in advance online, which is really all you have to worry about when going to Muir Woods.

I hiked this trail for the first time in January and was so inspired by the beauty, I hiked the loop a second time. Definitely tired after 2 loops, but followed it by a great meal at BooKoo in Mill Valley. I’ve returned three times since because the trail views are lovely. In the summer, the amphitheater is used for live theater so we planned a day around it: We watched Mama Mia and then hiked...very fun. I felt safe hiking it alone, but use your own discretion.

One of my favorite hikes in mount tam. Perfect level of difficulty with some steep climbs, gorgeous views, and it’s a loop trail.

Had a great time on this trail. It was our second time hiking and it was definitely a challenge but 100% worth it for the beauty.

We started off this trail towards Mt. Tam East Peak last Sunday. Great Hike despite the struggle, the steep stairs & rocky areas. It sure did kicked our butts but it’s all worth it once you get to the peak with the panoramic view of the city and the view above the clouds! It’s just so magical! Im definitely coming back!

Gorgeous! Can be pretty steep in some parts, but not too bad.

Nice hike and great payoff if you go slightly off trail on the Dipsea to see the views of the ocean.

Decent trail. Would rate easy to moderate. Great views.

Great hike with a bit of a climb opening up to a beautiful view of the Bay Area.

Amazing foliage

nice chill beautiful hike

So we did this trail backwards which I think I preferred since I hate walking downhill. For all the downhill part of the hike we went uphill which seemed hard to some of my hiking companions. Very nice views and not a lot of hikers on the trail. Couldn't record the entire route; the app was killing my phone while tracking and battery was draining fast.

Loved the trail but there are a TON of stairs. I don’t know that I would call this moderate.. I brought friends and after the first mile up the steep stairs we all wanted to turn back. I wish I knew how to do this hike backwards..

Awesome trail! We started from Bootjack Campground and hiked TCC trail to Cardiac Hill. Amazing views from there!

Great trail. Lots of trees to get cover from the sun.
Lots of stairs to climb.
Tall trees and a creek along the way

Not really a heavy trafficed trail. Plenty of shade, lots of great vista points to see.

Pretty good trail, for first half of the trail there’s a beautiful stream on your left clear and clean water!
The canopies on these trails and big trunk trees give you the feeling of Lilliputians in the land of giants :)

Not too many people, so if you want to do this solo ... you have complete privacy! But if you want to go with friends, absolutely fun uninhibited.

Absolutely loved the weather on feb 3rd, moderate and the sun was out. Couldn’t record the complete trail due to phone issues, but the round trip would take you about 3-4 hours with short 10min breaks every hour.

Love this hike! You’ll have beautiful views of the creek as you go alongside it for almost half the hike. Lots of great stopping points along the way if you wanna take a break for a lunch in the woods! Muir Woods now require reservations for parking or the shuttle, so plan accordingly.

loved it

Es un paseo bello e inolvidable. estar entre esos gigantes. se siente el aire puro. Lo recomiendo.

Beautiful! ❤️

muy útil, y gran ayuda. gracias.

great

Beautiful trail among the Redwood trees. One of the best hikes. Steep up on Bootjack trail, but worth every step. Go early on weekends as it gets crowded.
I did a quick extra back and forth at the junction of TTC and Ben Johnson near Dipsea trail to enjoy the view on the ocean, worth the extra 10min.

Long but great hike! Completed in 2.5 hours. Lots of shade, forest to look at.

Monday, November 13, 2017

Beautiful trees with easy to moderate inclines. Get there early to avoid throngs of people. I went there on free admission day, and it was still very enjoyable. Will be going back to try out other trails.

Monday, October 30, 2017

Really nice trail. A number of hills and slopes but easy to navigate.

Recommended!

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Beautiful trail. Very easy to follow and navigate. Steep moderate is accurate as it is steep in some places. Seems to be either uphill or down throughout but plenty of gradual elevation gain, just not much flat terrain. I cannot express how beautiful it is in John Muir Woods. Enjoy!