Learn more

Boomer Ridge, Moro Ridge, Mach One and No Name Ridge Loop

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(70)
Crystal Cove State Park

Boomer Ridge, Moro Ridge, Mach One and No Name Ridge Loop is a 7.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Newport Beach, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, running, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 7.7 miles Elevation Gain: 1,368 feet Route Type: Loop

As of Feb 23, 2019, users have reported that there are temporary closures in this area. Please consult the park's website before visiting.

Great uphill!

Nice wide trail most of it. View of the ocean with good breeze

Tue Apr 09 2019

SO MANY FLIES. they literally followed me my whole hike, unless I ran, but I can’t run 7 miles straight and wanted to enjoy myself and they bugged the heck out of me. I tuned them out as best I could and enjoyed the little bunnies, Quail, roadrunners and wild flowers on the hike; took my time and walked most of it, took me almost 3 hours. About a mile in on the No Name Trail I saw a Rattle Snake was able to walk around it. Trail was very well marked, steep at times but just small hills that were a nice challenge. Moro canyon trail was closed so I kept going and ended up doing the west AND east cut across/I Think I Can trail. It was a nice challenge. lots of bikes. Lower and Upper creek Moro Campgrounds were are nice to rest and have a snack.

Mon May 14 2018