Boole Tree Loop Trail

Boole Tree Loop Trail is a 2.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Dunlap, California that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and nature trips and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Did this hike with my wife and daughter who was only 15 months old back in 91'. Awesome sequoia tree for sure. No one else out there the day we went. Very away from the crowds. Pretty warm the day we hiked it too.

A great trail with an incredible view of the Boole tree!

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Hiked this trail while on the Rough fire. The tree was protected by a sprinkler system attached to a folda-tank and pump.

Friday, May 22, 2015

The Boole Tree is a great place for a relaxing lunch away from the crowds that are regularly found around the other larger Trees associated with the park. Typical switchbacks up a minor incline to start the hike. Brought a friend along with me who was not prime shape and this was easily accessible. Not a long hike but this was a great spot for solitude and a peaceful meal all the while being shadowed by such and amazing tree.

Friday, October 24, 2014

We hiked this trail in our group of 14, including 6 kids, ages 9,7,6,5,3,2. The younger 3 were carried in backpacks. We did the trail counter clockwise, which goes 1 mile uphill to the amazing Boole Tree. It seems this was the steeper way to go. Along this trail you'll see tons of giant sequoia stumps from old logging days. Look closely because they look like big boulders from a distance.

The tree is incredibly worth the hike. We had our lunch here. The rest of the hike gave us some spectacular views of Kings Canyon. We really enjoyed it but definitely moderately strenuous at times. With all the kids in tow it took us 4 hours of exploring.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Short, but still moderate hike, with an elevation gain in the beginning and a drop back to the parking lot. Boole Tree is the largest tree in all the national forests, at least one source says. Read more on my blog: http://annetteandmichelle.wordpress.com/2013/05/25/boole-tree-loop-sequoia-national-forest/

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Amazing views. We saw bear tracks and a rattle snake plus of course the amazing Boole Tree. I enjoy this hike but the dirt road getting there is rough (we made it out and back just fine in our little rented Chevy Malibu). It is hilly and it gets pretty hot on sunny summer days.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

it was a nice trail, you have to take a small side trail to find the larger tree. because I went up there just to hike this trail and nothing else it was hard to justify the gas time driving from fresno and the fee into the park (20.00) unless you have a pass. then its free. the other review is right the road is a bit rough going in but I got my old E class Mercedes in good times and quiet unlike Yosemite.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Sunday, September 18, 2011

This was a nice trail up hill mostly would be a good trail for running. Although the road getting to it is not very smooth better to have a truck getting there.