Bonita Falls Trail

Bonita Falls Trail is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lytle Creek, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Remember to stop at the Ranger Station or AMPM for your daily parking pass- $5.

37 minutes ago

It's a nice short hike, but an extreme amount of graffiti & lots of trash. Wouldn't go back

The falls are awesome, it's super tall and had a lot of water when we went in June. Lots of graffiti. We used our own trash bags we had on hand to gather trash out of the trail to the trash cans at the start of the hike. Lots of people and easy hike. Not a moment of solace kind of hike, which is why I give three stars. More like a Disneyland hike. Pretty short, not hard to get to but worth the trip and super cool for kids to see and get used to hiking and be happy to have found a cool waterfall in the hills. If you go past the small canyon where the falls are to the next little inlet to the left, there's another smaller falls and a great natural water slide. Be careful there though, if you break your ankle you'll need to be choppered out. It's a much harder hike with some bouldering required. The water slide was about an hour of fun for us. If you throw trash on the trail you're a jackass.

Easy hike, rocky start and incline finish to the waterfall. Didn't mind the graffiti but didn't like some of the trash. Good hike overall sweet spot for cool pictures and a couple hours to kill. Buy your parking permit at the ranger station before you hit the trail. it's five bucks just walk in ask for one, real easy, avoid the ticket

Where do you purchase the passes

Yes , get your pass otherwise you will get a ticket...

This is where my family would celebrate Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day. Today was another lovely Labor Day. I love to see how families come together. A lot of young beautiful families enjoyed nature. Yes a lot more can be done about keeping the place clean. The families around us were making sure to pick up their water bottles & trash. We should learn to share space

I would have rated this higher, as it was a fun little hike with a nice, rocky trail (all riverbed rock) and a surprisingly pretty waterfall at the top, but it is impossible to ignore the trash and graffiti that covers everything! Beer boxes, dirty diapers and wrappers of every kind littered the entire trail. Signs, rocks, trees and around the falls covered in disgusting gang tags. Every bit of creek shoreline used by day campers with gang rap blaring. I have hiked many trails in various states and was painfully reminded, the entire time, of why I hate hiking in So Cal. Never again! Totally ghetto!

Awesome hike to the falls. Through the river bed in rocks and up the mountain. Bring bug spray

It's a good and short hike ;)

Great hike. Challenging. Hiking boots would be great because it's very rocky. Bring a trash bag to help clean up. Unfortunately, there's TONS of trash and graffiti. But we still enjoyed our hike and saw some antelope!!
Also, I took my 8 year old but she's pretty tough and really loves hiking. I wouldn't recommend it for beginner young hikers.
Don't forget to buy your parking pass!

Level: Difficult.

This was my first hike in many, many years.. Lol. I made it to the Waterfall :-) Rock path, becareful.

One of my favorite hikes. The first mile or so is very rocky, definitely hiking boots recommended. Although I did use running shoes the first time I went up, I kept slipping when I got to the waterfall and was trying to climb rocks. Definitely can use some cleaning, lots of trash when I went the last few times, sad, and not to mention all the graffiti just sad how people can ruin nature. Still, one of my favorite hikes once I get to the falls.

Off the 15 freeway and off Sierra Ave exit go west. About 10 minutes in there will be a rangers office, pull in for your $5 parking permit (highly recommend otherwise a $100 fine plus it goes to the mountain stuff). One mile after that lárice up and look for the parked cars on the way up, two parking spots along the guard rail. Noticed some cars didn't have permits but be careful. Get off the car go down the hill cross the water creek be careful not to fall in bc you will be wet. Lots of granite rocks for 10 mins and I would not recommend kids under 7 years old as they can roll ankles. Too many young kids hold adults up since it's a tight trail up/down. I would recommend walk in the middle where the smaller river rocks are not too far to the left. Easier path but some walk to the left where a rock slide can happen just look for smaller rocks to walk over. Once off the granite rocks look for people coming up and down to go up the climb that's when the fun starts (im kidding). Climb is steep and leads to the waterfall which is always packed w people and did I mention steep. We did the entire hike in 35 mins w 2-3 breaks and a lot of of picture breaks one way. Fun hike but tight once you go up after them darn rocks. Again some parents force their kids up/down which is dumb because they slow everyone down unless they give the right away. Not a place for kids under 7. You will roll your ankles on the granite rocks on the way in, look down when walking and you should be fine. Up the climb some rest stops and no bathrooms. At the waterfall a ton of people, a lot of graffiti but nice. Overall good for beginners but those rocks on the way in! Lots of shade so about a liter of water should be enough. We gave up on the way out in the creek bc by then you're like whatever lol.