Bonita Falls Trail

Bonita Falls Trail is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lytle Creek, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Remember to stop at the Ranger Station or AMPM for your daily parking pass- $5.

Easy little hike through a dried river bed, and then up a short trail to the fall.

OK, I've been on alot of trails & I'm going to be completely honest here. Bonita Falls trail would be a beautiful trail & atmosphere to hike in, if it wasn't for all the (I won't say the name I want to call them) that think it's cute to graffiti on just about every rock you can see, it's disgusting!!! The trail is on a river bed, so it is all rocks, but not a hard hike at all other than it being rocky. There are several hideouts along the trail, once you get up to the mountain part, that are awesome to take some water or snack breaks at. The waterfall is beautiful & pretty big actually for this spot, just have to cut the graffiti out of your pictures. Also if you care about seeing trash, bring a trash bag, we filled a whole one up & wished we had more, several beer cans, bottles & alot of plastic bottles on the trails. I wish people would love to leave this place beautiful like it is intended to be. Overall I'd give it a 3.5, only due to others people's disrespectfulness.

First time here. The creek alone was an adventure because we were avoiding to get wet. In the end we didn’t care and walked through it (we dried out fast). You will encounter a lot of loose rocks on the way there. The falls is beautiful and I️ will definitely recommend.

Beautiful waterfall at end of hike. Only problem is trash everywhere. Our group picked up 10 bags of trash and wish we had more bags. Unfortunately tons of graffiti and glass so be careful where you step. Please honor leave no trace and orange peels are not biodegradable!!!!

a lot a lot of rocks and graffiti but other than that after you get back to the little waterfall it's nice very small

It was a nice little family hike. We got to see Rams, a turantula and frogs. Only downside was tons of trash and graffiti.

It's a pleasant surprise to see a decent flow and current in the river! Though you only have to cross it once it seems like a cool place to just hang out by.

This short hike pays off well, but the trail is plagued by graffiti and trash. There are campgrounds nearby so the trail is probably pretty popular.

There are signs warning you of mountain lions closer to the water. Didn't see one myself but I don't usually see those signs unless one had been spotted recently. Take notice!

Make sure to take a carrier for your toddler or baby. We had to cross a rocky dried up river bed, then go up hill for about 1/4 mile. It can get pretty steep in some areas. The water fall was beautiful and worth the hike.

Getting to the waterfall was definitely worth the hike. Lots of rocks to walk over so you have to be careful. The walk to the waterfall was really cool because there were little creeks you can dip your feet in. The waterfall area was kind of small so you can't hang out for too long. Still pretty nonetheless!

Fun hike just lots of trash

It's a nice short hike, but an extreme amount of graffiti & lots of trash. Wouldn't go back

The falls are awesome, it's super tall and had a lot of water when we went in June. Lots of graffiti. We used our own trash bags we had on hand to gather trash out of the trail to the trash cans at the start of the hike. Lots of people and easy hike. Not a moment of solace kind of hike, which is why I give three stars. More like a Disneyland hike. Pretty short, not hard to get to but worth the trip and super cool for kids to see and get used to hiking and be happy to have found a cool waterfall in the hills. If you go past the small canyon where the falls are to the next little inlet to the left, there's another smaller falls and a great natural water slide. Be careful there though, if you break your ankle you'll need to be choppered out. It's a much harder hike with some bouldering required. The water slide was about an hour of fun for us. If you throw trash on the trail you're a jackass.

Easy hike, rocky start and incline finish to the waterfall. Didn't mind the graffiti but didn't like some of the trash. Good hike overall sweet spot for cool pictures and a couple hours to kill. Buy your parking permit at the ranger station before you hit the trail. it's five bucks just walk in ask for one, real easy, avoid the ticket

Where do you purchase the passes

Yes , get your pass otherwise you will get a ticket...

This is where my family would celebrate Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day. Today was another lovely Labor Day. I love to see how families come together. A lot of young beautiful families enjoyed nature. Yes a lot more can be done about keeping the place clean. The families around us were making sure to pick up their water bottles & trash. We should learn to share space

I would have rated this higher, as it was a fun little hike with a nice, rocky trail (all riverbed rock) and a surprisingly pretty waterfall at the top, but it is impossible to ignore the trash and graffiti that covers everything! Beer boxes, dirty diapers and wrappers of every kind littered the entire trail. Signs, rocks, trees and around the falls covered in disgusting gang tags. Every bit of creek shoreline used by day campers with gang rap blaring. I have hiked many trails in various states and was painfully reminded, the entire time, of why I hate hiking in So Cal. Never again! Totally ghetto!

Awesome hike to the falls. Through the river bed in rocks and up the mountain. Bring bug spray

It's a good and short hike ;)