Bonita Falls Trail

Bonita Falls Trail is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lytle Creek, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Remember to stop at the Ranger Station or AMPM for your daily parking pass - $5.

Will definitely go again

The trail is really hard to find. Over half of the trail is walking through tons of rocks and not really sure if you’re going the right way unless you’re following the map. Once you start climbing up towards the waterfall the trail is more clear, but the left to go up to the waterfall is easy to miss. We went in the afternoon on a Saturday and there were quite a bit of people there. People left trash and dirty diapers along the trail, we tried to pick up what we could along the way. Tons of rocks had graffiti on them as well. Despite that it was still a good hike and will definitely go back again.

fun family trail

It’s really rocky but the waterfall is beautiful

Rocky hike but worth it at the end

Went with my wife and daughter today. Nice and refreshing creek. I’m rating it a 3 because of the amount of trash and people smoking weed here. I watched kids put trash in the creek and their parents just let them. Most people play music as well so it’s not so serene. Gonna go back during a week day to see if it’s more mellow

Rocky trail most the way along with graffiti.stay on left side of wash and hike to fall entrance good water fall and pond

You kind of have to ask people or have someone that know the trail already to go. I would have been lost if I didn't have someone with me that already knows the path. Most of the trail is rocky but once you get to the top, you can see a very beautiful fall. One downside is that there are too many graffitis going on.

I enjoy the trail, it is short but I love the water fall...

Would be nice but I couldn’t stand the sight of all the trash that gets left behind and the amount of graffiti. Heavily trafficked. Just follow the people walking on the rocks on the other side of the creek.

Gorgeous huge dried river bed of rocks leading to the waterfall that make you feel like you're on a different planet. Quiet and isolating if you walk the rocky terrain between the mountains. Absolutely loved it. The waterfall was easy to miss so pay attention when walking the river bed and take your phone to look at the map.

It’s a nice trail but very short! people with no respect for nature tagged up the whole trail! Waterfall is beautiful

Beautiful waterfall !!!

there is a lot of graffiti, and no markings on where the trail is. Once you are past the rock bed follow the graffiti to the falls.

Beautiful but there's not really a trail for the first mile which is just basically a rocky dry riverbed that you make your way down. We probably wouldn't have found where you turn off the riverbed to go up if people hadn't been coming out and showed us where to go. Once you're off the riverbed keep going up and stay to the left is the best advice we were given. It's quite steep and it goes on for about quarter to half a mile but once you get there it's absolutely beautiful. I gave it 4 stars for the amount of trash we saw and the fact that there's no real trail for the first mile or so. There is tons of graffiti as others have mentioned, i didn't mind that as much, i can appreciate it as some form of art but the trash really annoys me. Also for the first mile along the riverbed there is no coverage at all so odn't go on a super bright and clear day, we did it when it was overcast and cool which make it completely pleasant.

very rocky terrain to get to the actual trail. Moderate Strenuous. 15-20mins depending on walk pace to get to the actual trail. Very Fun.

This trail is rocky for sure. Once you get to the falls though it’s worth it. Beautiful falls. Great for taking pics.

So so disappointed about all the trash everywhere.

Nice afternoon hike to a beautiful waterfall. Quite a bit of the hike is over rocks so be careful.

Enjoyed the hike but was disappointed with the amount of trash left behind along the trail.

Couldn’t find the trail and there was trash everywhere. The trail needs to be marked.

Quick, easy hike over the rocks. Plan accordingly to avoid the bugs during the summer months.

Most of the hike consists of walking carefully on top of rock but the destination is worth it. Good workout as well.

Very rocky! A lot of graffiti but nonetheless beautiful waterfall

Not so much a workout, but a riverbed of river rock to walk through. When u find the general area, park and cross the water and riverbed. Just keep to the left and u will come across the main starting point. Its a short vertical climb to reach the waterfall. A lot of people at the fall. Little caves here and there to explore. Nothing too interesting though. Don't forget the parking pass at the ranger station down the road.

A nice little hike. You have to traverse the wash about 3/4 to make it to the trail head but it’s not to bad right now. Was really disappointed with all the graffiti and trash along the way but something I have come to expect on these short hikes. To much to pack back out. The falls were fantastic though. Much bigger than I expected.

Finding the trail is really difficult, definitely had to use this app to guide my way along the route. Very rocky, and lots of trash and graffiti. It’s a fairly short hike , lots of families and groups hiking this trail (people in jeans and drinking beers). It’s a weird crowd. I don’t think I’d go back but at least it’s off my list.

Beautiful place. Too bad there 's graffiti. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the hike up to the falls, It's a bit rocky but made it.

Very rocky and no trails. But the result is beautiful.

The waterfall was beautiful! I will be going back soon. There are a lot of Rocky areas but not to bad. I am confident that my 9 year old will be able to do it with no problem.