Bonita Falls Trail

Bonita Falls Trail is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lytle Creek, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Remember to stop at the Ranger Station or AMPM for your daily parking pass - $5.

Easiest waterfall hike I’ve ever done. Must pass all the rocks straight through till you get to first open trail walkway on the left passing first mountain cut. Ricks were fun to jump around. Went with my 8 year old he loved it. Did it with no breaks. Awesome waterfall at the end with enough water to sit and soak. Can’t wait till feb or so when scalps will be full.

The trail (if you can call it that) is really difficult to find. Had to ask a couple of people coming back which way to head, and if we were going the right way. We started the hike at about 11:00 AM on a Sunday on Labor Day weekend. So it was very crowded at Lytle Creek and lots of people on the trail. The fact that there were lots of people helped getting us there. If we do again maybe go earlier. It was beautiful, not strenuous the majority of the way up, but creek bed rocks all the way until you reach the last quarter of a mile (or less) to the falls. Kinda steep and big steps over rocks. Glad I did it. Some parking is free. But some isn’t. Make sure you know that before you leave your car. They were giving tickets. We were able to ask and we parked ok. Take more than one bottle of water per person and maybe a snack.

Easy little hike. You can google Bonita Ranch Campgrounds and pay 5 dollars to park there and just walk straight back and follow along the mountain line and hug it until you get the opportunity to cut up. The first time i went i kept thinking id found the waterfalls but just keep going and you will see the unmistakable waterfall at the end. Careful with your footing as it is not a clear path very rocky. PLEASE TAKE YOUR TRASH WITH YOU!

Finally got to go this morning and I loved it. Yes it took us a while to figure out where the trail started, and since there was no one around to ask we almost gave up. Thankfully some couple showed up and led us there. You have to cross the creek and head up the trail of rocks, so where comfy or hiking shoes, just be careful. Then there’s a trail towards the left side that leads you up to the waterfall, I know there’s a lot of graffiti, in some way it helped a lil because of some arrows leading you the way, but the trash wasn’t nice seeing. I mean I’d love to chill and relax too but make sure to take your trash with you, it is disgusting seeing clothes, dirty diapers, beer bottles, broken chairs etc. Cmon peeps let’s keep it clean! But other then that I’d definitely go back and hike.

I have been here a few times now and really enjoy scenery. When the creek is full, it’s absolutely stunning and I love to walk through it post hike! An amazing cool down. The waterfall is beautiful and not too difficult to get to. I highly recommend!

It has been said that it changed its beauty due to the trash and graffiti. But we still saw how amazing it was getting there. We did a short video of our trip. https://bit.ly/2MSX59I

easy hike, not too many people were there which made it nicer.

A beautiful water fall.

Lots of rocks, would recommend hiking shoes and water shoes for when you get to falls. It’s really nice though, I’m for sure going back.

Beautiful day for a hike to the falls. So disheartened to see the graffiti along the way. I support art and expression, but please don't use Mother Nature as your canvas.

Great walk, beautiful views with a refreshing stop at the falls. The only problem is people trashing the place and not taking care of the mess they leave behind.

Good for beginners! Really nice place!

Had a great time

Beautiful waterfall!! One of my favorites but extremely crowded! I was wondering if anyone has found the hidden falls or climbed to the top of Bonita Falls??

esta cortito pero para principiantes esta bien ,lo unico malo es que la gente marrana deja mucha Basura

the hike was super easy. and the view of the waterfall is beautiful when you reachit. there were cute lil wooded cubby spaces you could find for a moment of privacy to hang and take in the nature

the start of the trail is sketchy but follow the graffiti trail and you'll be fine. there's a second waterfall to enjoy if you don't mind hiking up the side of the cliff without a real trail. it has great views of the canyon and surrounding mountains. definitely going back soon to see the top of the second waterfall. Great hike overall.

Beautiful waterfall with a moderate 1/2 mile hike through big rocks & boulders. The downside is the amount of graffiti you see prevalent the closer you get to the fall itself. basically ruins any photo-op moment.

Will definitely go again

The trail is really hard to find. Over half of the trail is walking through tons of rocks and not really sure if you’re going the right way unless you’re following the map. Once you start climbing up towards the waterfall the trail is more clear, but the left to go up to the waterfall is easy to miss. We went in the afternoon on a Saturday and there were quite a bit of people there. People left trash and dirty diapers along the trail, we tried to pick up what we could along the way. Tons of rocks had graffiti on them as well. Despite that it was still a good hike and will definitely go back again.

fun family trail

It’s really rocky but the waterfall is beautiful

Rocky hike but worth it at the end

Went with my wife and daughter today. Nice and refreshing creek. I’m rating it a 3 because of the amount of trash and people smoking weed here. I watched kids put trash in the creek and their parents just let them. Most people play music as well so it’s not so serene. Gonna go back during a week day to see if it’s more mellow

Rocky trail most the way along with graffiti.stay on left side of wash and hike to fall entrance good water fall and pond

You kind of have to ask people or have someone that know the trail already to go. I would have been lost if I didn't have someone with me that already knows the path. Most of the trail is rocky but once you get to the top, you can see a very beautiful fall. One downside is that there are too many graffitis going on.

I enjoy the trail, it is short but I love the water fall...

Would be nice but I couldn’t stand the sight of all the trash that gets left behind and the amount of graffiti. Heavily trafficked. Just follow the people walking on the rocks on the other side of the creek.

Gorgeous huge dried river bed of rocks leading to the waterfall that make you feel like you're on a different planet. Quiet and isolating if you walk the rocky terrain between the mountains. Absolutely loved it. The waterfall was easy to miss so pay attention when walking the river bed and take your phone to look at the map.

It’s a nice trail but very short! people with no respect for nature tagged up the whole trail! Waterfall is beautiful