Bonita Falls Trail

Bonita Falls Trail is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lytle Creek, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Remember to stop at the Ranger Station or AMPM for your daily parking pass- $5.

10 minutes ago

@jeffery Trent, those no good hispanics. They're like roaches....

This is a beautiful waterfall right in our backyard. Unfortunately there's a bunch of pathetic Hispanics that think it's ok to spray paint all over the damn place. Before you think that was a racist comment, I assure you it wasn't. I saw a Hispanic boy spraying on a rock on the way up, and another Hispanic guy spraying a sign on my way back. I wish the police would lock them up and send em' back where they escaped from.

Decent hike especially for beginners. waterfall was beautiful.

The waterfall itself is stunning however people have ruined something that should be amazing with the garbage and graffiti everywhere. People have no shame leaving dirty diapers, beer cans, food, broken bottles even when there is trash dumpsters on site. I would not recommend this to my friends or do this hike again regardless of the waterfall. It's impossible to see past all the vandalism. It's really a shame.

It's about a 1.8 mile hike to the Waterfall. There is more walking on rocks than anything, and about 5 minutes of incline to the waterfall. The only downfall is there is a lot of graffiti, and garbage by the waterfall. People take 6 packs and food (we saw a little Ceasars box). I was upset that people would ruin such a beautiful place. Other than that the waterfall is soooo worth the hike

I went two days ago, and I really enjoyed it! The hike was fairly easy, it was just mainly walking in REALLY rocky terrain. It's not until the last ten minutes that it's starting to incline. The waterfall was beautiful! There was a lot of people though, that was probably the biggest down side. There was a lot of family's though, so I guess it great for the kids.

Loved this hike! Would bring a walking stick and a snack for energy for the way back next time. Rocky walk there and back. Please take your trash out with you!! Water shoes would've been a plus to have as well.

Make sure you purchase a parking pass.

Great hiking area. It's a short distance. Easy to get lost. So make sure stay on the left at all time. The place is nice BUT the thing that erkkksss me was the graffiti and trash. Some people are just careless.. please do us all a favor. bring back what you brought in.

It's a great place to go. . . BUT there is a lot of broken glass on the floor by the waterfall. . . if you bring stuff, take it ALL back with you, including cups and bottles.

Don't be a dick.

Such a beautiful trail! Disappointed on all the trash left behind from past visitors though. We need to have more appreciation towards nature and take care of our land. It's a great place for family picnics and to soak up some sun for a bit.

hard to find actual trail head, very rocky but the ending it was worth it! the waterfall is beautiful. the only thing I will say is in the beginning it is really trashy. people need to throw their trash away...nasty!

Beautiful scenery, but the graffiti and trash are horrible! PLEASE pack-out whatever you choose to pack-in.

it was so beautiful! well worth it!!