Bommer Canyon Trail is a 4.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Irvine, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 4.6 miles Elevation Gain: 810 feet Route Type: Loop

Great hike in Irvine. Trails are good, wide, and the area is quiet. You will see many other hikers, runners and mountain bikers on the weekends. Hours: 7am - Sunset

One way trail due to Covid. Nice path with just a little incline and not too much shade, I’d imagine the hills to be very green and pretty during the wetter months.

Good but long

Great trail for a nice moderate walk/hike. There are some parts of the trail that gain elevation but not too difficult. You can also just hike part of the trail and still go in a loop (i.e. not just turning around and going back the same way you came). There are multiple points that meet with the road heading back to the beginning of the trail (for example we stopped just before the West Fork) which makes it a nice trail for beginners as well!

closed

Beautiful day, with a lot more people waking and biking than expected. We chose this route after Bommer Canyon was closed due to their 3 day rain policy.

Nice and actually quite easy, went there on. Rainy day, it was muddy and slippery tirade the top, overall nice and well maintained

Great challenging trail for running. Grade on return is steady climb generally free of rocks like other trails in the area. Very scenic and enjoyable overall!

This was a fairly easy hike. There are many options to take to make your hike longer. We ended up hiking 5 miles total.

Fun, easy little trail. 2-3 hours There are some cool caves off trail in the hillside.

Steady climb. Most of the trail is only accessible on a wilderness exploration day. Lots of sun. Good views

Between noon and 3 pm on a Thursday we had the place pretty much to ourselves. Very well marked trails in this area. Trails are well maintained and it was very pretty.

My husband and I hiked with our 3 kids (10,6,4). It was a great trail for them and we were able to go on a few trails - nice you can make it shorter if needed. We went the Bommer meadow - west trail to the freeway underpass - then back to the nature loop. No “spectacular” views but it was a nice trail. Lots of bikers and the trail is narrow at times but as my kids said “all the bikers are so nice!” The lot is small. We got there at 8:30 on a Sunday and got a spot but was full by the time we left.

I had so much fun with this trail. I am new to mountain biking and this trail taught me the ropes of going up hill (I walked it up sometimes) and then it gave me the experience of going downhill without having the feeling I’m going off the side of a mountain. Park at the park lol it’s easier they say they will lock you out at the trail hear parking lot past 6pm but I finished my ride at 8:15pm on a Saturday and the gate was still unlocked so it’s up to you to risk it. Irvine seems to have a lot of dumb rules

Beautiful trail. Many options to branch off and make as long or short as you want.