Bolsa Chica Ecological Reserve Trail is a 4.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Huntington Beach, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

beach

We take our young kids here all the time. It’s a fun, easy hike with so many cool birds to identify. Beautiful, peaceful, and nice HB locals. No bikes allowed.

Me and my boyfriend run here ever morning and we love it, it’s so peaceful and beautiful! Love love love!!!!

I have walk this trial several times , but last times I have noticed less and less water and more house construction. So much destruction around the area. machines extracting water too. Very sad .

es super para caminar 4 millas ahoy yeee

We saw three ospreys very beautiful! We went early around 7:00am

Easy, scenic trail. Saw rabbits, countless birds, lizards and a baby rattle snake! Down side, you get hints of car noise from the PCH and not secluded.

Enjoyed the birding photo opportunity.

nice hike with easy parking. a lot of runners so this might be a good spot if you like to jog/run

Very peaceful when the weather isn’t great!

Great view!

it's alright, bikes restricted

Nice place it has stairs and hills

A quick trip from Belmont Shore, Long Beach for me for some mid week miles. Soft surfaces and a great run along the ridgeline below the houses up top provide for an excellent view of the Ocean. Sunsets are solid here as well.

Though a bit small for runners looking for serious distance (I tend to do double or triple loops of the entire place) it is soft on your legs and boats beautiful wildlife when you want to get off of the roads.

Not overly crowded during the week, but for the weekend, get their early. The parking lot is small.

All in all the trail was nice. A few forks in the road, but the apps map makes it easy to follow. Plenty of parking, but there was a lot of trash in the bay. However, I would recommend it.

Fun hike, long and flat lots of birds to see

Fun hike, long and flat lots of birds to see

Love this trail! Try and schedule your runs around the tide. Mainly avoiding the low tide periods within the wetlands.

Monday, November 13, 2017

I love this trail, I always go back when I can it never disappoints!

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Coming back here again! Easy and simple, great for kids!

Wednesday, September 06, 2017

I love this real because I live less than half a mile away from here and this hike is vary easy, but still a fun hike for all ages!

Saturday, August 12, 2017

quick nature trails. not really a hike, but very nice and easy

Friday, August 11, 2017

quick with ocean view.

Tuesday, August 08, 2017

Nice for a quick stroll or trail run. kid friendly. No dogs allowed. You can easily extend your mileage by going down the riverbed trail.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

This is one of my favorite local places to run & walk. I can also bike the 5 1/2 miles there so that's a plus. Very limited parking.

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Flat gravel trails guide you along this hike located across Pacific Coast Highway from Bolsa Chica Stare Beach. Parking lot allows for about 30 vehicles and can fill up fast. Seasonal birds abound and my favorite time of year is when the elegant terms are in for breeding. It's as much about the sound of the terns as it is the mass amounts of them flying out to sea to feed. Great hike and place to see one of the largest wetlands left in California. Just north on Pacific Coast Highway is Sunset Beach with lots of places for breakfast and lunch. Overall a great place and hike for the whole family.

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Great little place for family hikes!! We got to see some snails, ducks and even spotted a coyote!! Highly recommend!

Wednesday, June 07, 2017

Relaxing walk with kids.

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Too easy but the view is awesome.

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Nice walk, great for birding, easy to follow path, open and populated.

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Easy walk, you get two choices of scenery, each visit has been very pleasant. I have yet to walk the full trail because I tend to go for the sunset view, which is stunning from here. Top choice for sunset viewing. They have benches perfectly placed.