Bolinas Ridge Trail is a 11 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Point Reyes Station, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

beach

Hike The Bolinas ridge form Olema to Bolinas Lagoon. The Trail Parallels Olema Creek and the San Andreas Fault. Excellent Birding opportunities are along the way.

Nice ride, I attempted it for the first time on my road bike, and was easy even for a non experienced rider like myself.
A group of hardcore riders passed me and were shocked the Someone would attempt the trail on that type of bicycle so it must not be too difficult.

I didn’t go to the end, I turned off on Shafter grade to visit the dam and it was really really steep with loose rocks but doable with f/b disk brakes.
Over all well worth it.

I love this trail! I’ll take my dog out here early in the morning on weekends for a couple hour hike. The views are consistently beautiful and the trail is moderately challenging. I haven’t hiked the whole 22 mile out and back yet, but plan to someday!
I’m looking forward to seeing how this trail changes throughout the seasons.
Watch out for ticks though!!

Hardly anyone on this trail which is hard to find close to SF. Great trail to do with doggos but no water for them anywhere at this time of year so carry extra! A couple options along the way to leave the ridge and meet route 1 if you want a shorter hike. No ticks and a couple cows that minded their own business.

Lots of ticks! Also there were a couple animals wandering around looking at my dog as meat. Decided not to complete it

Beautiful, dog-friendly out and back with some mellow rolling hills and a nice picnic bench 2 miles in to stop for lunch.

Incredibly beautiful

Great trail for on-leash dog hiking! We walked out 5 miles and back 5 miles from the north end. It was open and exposed the whole time (no walking in forested areas—that’s farther south) with a wide trail and beautiful views of the hills and the nearby bay. There is a point 1.2 miles from the trailhead where it’s unclear whether you should go through a gate and continue left or walk left on the current side of the fence — go through the gate!! The misleading path is a cattle path. Speaking of which — the cows can be extremely *friendly*, thinking you are bringing them food. If you have dogs (especially heelers) make sure you’re following the leash rule for their safety. It can be INCREDIBLY windy, so make sure you dress accordingly. I plan on going back and trying an out-and-back from the southern end.

great trail! steady continuous up hill climb bit very ridable.

Sunday, September 24, 2017

This is a really awesome trail to run. Not too much and just enough! The first time i did it was few weeks ago and definitely had to come and do the whole thing. Went to all the way to the black top on fairfax-bolinas rd and turned back. Saw some hikers on the way in at olema and a couple hikers at the other end by fairfax-bolinas rd but other then that was just my dog and myself on the trail. Next run will be from olema to the golden gate. Love how this trails just web throughout the headlands!. Great trail overall!!!

Monday, September 18, 2017

Scenery is lost once in the trees but an enjoyable hike

Sunday, September 17, 2017

This is a great trail for running- lots of varied terrain and great views. Once you get into the forest you have plenty of shade and it's just a dream run.

Saturday, September 09, 2017

My favorite hike

Saturday, September 09, 2017

Trail was nice. Up and down but not too bad. Only did 6 in 6 out but will definitely do the whole thing next time. My dog enjoyed it too!.

Sunday, August 20, 2017

It was ok. Pretty landscape, and lovely roaming cows. The trails need some love. It consists of rolling hills (which I liked) with a lot of random holes (big ones that will hurt in if you don't pay attention) and dugout single track that my pedals would scrape. I'm glad we did it but I'm not sure if I'd go again. But if your looking for a afternoon of pretty landscape and long rolling hills than try it out. Just keep your eyes open for holes!

Tuesday, May 02, 2017

Gorgeous green hills with plenty of space to roam, though it can get very muddy after rain.

Monday, December 19, 2016

Today was a perfect day to visit this trail. Blue sky, fresh air, muddy boots, green grass the views are awesome!

Enjoy!

Sunday, November 13, 2016

i really enjoyed this trail. lots of views and the weather was changing. dogs are allowed in leash. good uphill and downhill. i love this area.

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

We hiked the Bolinas Ridge Trail from Olema to the Coastal Trail down in to Stinson Beach via the fire road trail in August 2016. It was a 22 mile day (we didn't have a car so walked from the B&B we stayed in and also to the hotel in Stinson) but it was absolutely beautiful. From the rolling hills with cows lounging to the almost rain forest like atmosphere with moss covered rocks it was worth every step. We saw 8 other people the entire time we were on the trail so it was very peaceful. It was foggy most of the day but when that fog would clear the views were amazing. Beautiful hike!

Monday, August 22, 2016

This is one of my favorite biking trails. For years I have been coming here every few months. Rolling hills, ocean views, redwood forests, and lots of cattle what more could you ask for to feel removed from the city and renewed / in and out 22 miles complete in 3 hours.

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Pretty views of the rolling hills on your way out to Point Reyes and the shoreline! Easy hike down a Fire Trail that is not heavily hiked. While this is a dog friendly trail and many dogs were off leash, this is a messy trail if your dog enjoys rolling in (or eating) piles of cow pies and horse poop! Trail is not accessible for those with disabilities but is otherwise a very easy hike. Several bikers were along this route, but plenty of space to share the trail.

Friday, May 01, 2015

Did the Shafter Grade first and it was just as brutal as the elevation profile suggests. Once at the top, we realized that we were on a closed trail though there were no signs at the bottom of the trail to indicate this. The Bolinas Ridge trail was beautiful, with views of the nearby ridges, valley and Tomales Bay. It is a very easy stretch of trail bit there is little shade so be sure to bring sunscreen and water. The Jewell trail is a mellower decline to the Cross Marin trail which has paved or trail options. Went on a Thursday and saw 5 people on the entire loop. Keep this in mind if you are going alone.

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

I have biked this trail often usually from the Bolinas-Fairfax road and Ridge road intersection and one or twice from Sir Francis Drake. It is mostly shaded with some views and moves along the top of the ridge with frequent ups and downs. It can be challenging especially in winter when it can be muddy, but over all I have had some great rides with very little traffic if any and parking at both trail heads. I have also brought my dog several times for the workout as they are permitted.

recorded Bolinas Ridge Trail