Bogert to Murray Peak is a 6.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Palm Springs, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

Distance: 6.8 miles Elevation Gain: 1,853 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Trail up to Murray Peak was great. However, I got lost a couple of times on the way down as I tried to follow a loop vs out & back. The app kept saying I was off route, but it was really hard to figure out how to get back on track. This happened twice so a hike that would have taken me less than 4 hours out & back took me over 6 hours. I wish the app provided more information to help me get back on route. Alerting me that I’m off route is helpful, but didn’t help me figure out where I needed to go.

March 21, 2020. Started at Bogart Trailhead and headed to Murray Hill then I backtracked to the trail intersection and hiked up Cahuilla 'Peak' then back to the trail intersection and down to Bogart TH. 9 miles total and 2,300 feet of elevation gain. Small flowers and cacti are starting to bloom. The trails were not crowded at all.

3 1/2 hours to complete up & back. Shady and cool (50F) with 7am start. Great views almost entire trail and picnic tables at the top was nice for short trail mix break. Occasional hikers, runners & bikers. No wildlife seen. Look forward to approaching Murray Peak from another trail next time (Araby or Art Smith).

Fantastic views the entire way!! Love this trail for all the ups and downs. We went up to several peaks on our way to Murray Peak, which is a mountain peak separated a bit from the others. Trail was rocky in places but over all fairly smooth and easy to find. None of the signs say Murray Peak so we were glad All Trails had a map and reviews to tell us to stay right. Spent some time at the top eating lunch.

Thu May 02 2019

Beautiful views of the Coachella valley. No shade so I recommend you bring sunblock, several bottles of water each and snacks. Picnic tables on top of Murray peak so also consider bringing your light lunch. 3-4 hour round trip.

Sun Apr 14 2019

Tue Apr 09 2019

hi trademark his really a slacker today

Sun Apr 07 2019

Bogart to Arabi to berns and back

Sat Mar 30 2019

Trail is in excellent shape currently, with low dust and no hidden loose rocks on steeper pitches. This route is great for a early exercise hike. Can be accomplished is two hours with a relaxing stop at the top if you are fit and interested in a fast hike. Best to start by or before 7am to have the solitude at the top.

Thu Mar 28 2019

A good workout. Great view from the top.

Sun Nov 25 2018

Great hike with great views. When trails intersect stay to the right even though Murray peak doesn’t show on the sign board.

Wed Mar 28 2018

great trail, plan for a long hike. pack snacks and water. great views at top.

Thu Feb 15 2018

Lovely walk. I had perfect weather but no shade on a hot day. No really difficult.

Wed Feb 07 2018

This is "EASY"? No, but it's a lovely MODERATE hike. No shade. You will not find any "to Murray Peak" signs on the trail, so it's up to you to figure out which way to go when you reach the junction with Garstin Trail. Unfortunately, I chose a wrong way out of the 3 options. (The other 2 ways had other signs, so figured they weren't the way to go, and I chose the unsigned trail.) i ended up with a longer but less satisfying hike, as I did not get to anything that I could imagine would be Murray Peak (hence 4 stars instead of 5). Sigh.

Tue Jan 23 2018

Nice trail! Lots of options!

Thu Jan 18 2018

Took us 3.5-4 hours to get to Murray’s Peak and back down. When we got to the half way point my husband wasn’t sure about going all the way. (Very hard climbing at the half way point) It does get easier after that and is well worth the effort. Very little shade so be prepared and try to go on an overcast day.

Wed Dec 27 2017

Great gentle rise up and nice sociable wide paths to warm you up. Interesting variety of plant/cactus life. A quick get away from urban life.

Sun Apr 09 2017

Very quiet, well marked trail. We did the one to the right at the trailhead, 1.5 miles in and then back, in under 2 hours. Only saw one other person on the trail, so if you like solitude this is a great choice. The trail does get pretty narrow as you get further up. Had 4 kids with us (ages 9 & 11) and they had no trouble. There is zero shade on this trail, would not advise doing this in summer heat.

Thu Mar 30 2017

Great trail to get to Murray. It's a good alternative to starting on the Garstin, as this trail starts with much less vertical climb.