Bobelaine Audubon Sanctuary Trail

Bobelaine Audubon Sanctuary Trail is a 4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Yuba City, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

This 430 acre wildlife sanctuary is maintained by volunteers of the Sacramento Audubon Society. It was donated to National Audubon in 1975 by Bob & Elaine Crandall. It was easy to get there. From Sacramento we took I-5 N, then the Hwy 70/99 exit and then 99 N. A few miles after 99 crosses the Feather River is Laurel Ave. Turn right on Laurel and in a short distance you'll reach an "End" sign. The last stretch of this road is dirt and gravel and is over private land. Please drive slowly so not to stir up a lot of dust. The dirt road ends at the levee (if the gate is open, don't drive up the levee!). There is a small parking lot and a metal barn. There's also a porta-potty near the barn. Be sure to bring binoculars and maybe a guide book. Over 190 species of birds have been observed. On the last stretch of the hike, along Lake Crandall, there were about a dozen turtles of all sizes sliding off logs as they saw us. Among the trees we saw were some really giant Sycamores and Valley Oaks, and also Cottonwoods.

peaceful walk along the stream, saw sone birds and turtles..alot of dead animals along the trail. bring bug repellent but easy for the kids to walk.

It's still flooded, so I'd wait another few weeks at least. Since I couldn't get far due to the water, I walked (north?) along the levee for a mile or so.

The parking area has changed a bit since I was last there, I think due to the work on the nearby culvert.

Trail was flooded where the two loops intersect, but the parts that were accessible were fantastic. Lots of butterflies, turtles, and ducks. Plenty of animal tracks to identify as well.

Flooded.....this will be a great hike in the last spring and summer. Tons of birds/ducks....deer a plenty. Many wildlife prints including coyotes, and bobcat.

Good hike easy for little ones. Great views of local agriculture.

my boys gave this trail a 4 because it was long for them... I give it a 5 because as we get stronger this will be a good trail to practice on:)

It was alright. Had to go there for a project, the grassland trail is not that well kept however. There are a ton of mosquitoes and they leave a nasty mark so be prepared. The river's outlook point is very nice though, i would recommend you go there if you plan to come here. It's a nice place to go at least once, but bring something to keep mosquitoes off.

was ok just confusing without directions

I really liked it. There were spots were it was really humid. It's a fairly easy trail. I didn't do the whole thing. There are a few different trails to choose from. There was alot of spiders & flying bugs so I would recommend bug spray. I'd will be going back to go on the other trails. BTW we did see a huge snake so watch out.

Let me start with the awesome part.. I saw a bald eagle! Tried to take pics but phone cam sucks. There are a lot of different trails you can take. It's definitely a take it easy trail. Nothing steep other than the itty bitty walk up the levee. Some parts are a little humid and swampy smelling but if you like nature it's an awesome walk. There is a gate at the end of the road but parking is right before that so don't think it's closed. Only con for me are the bugs but they are just annoying not harmful. I will definitely be back with a real camera this time

Sunday, May 15, 2016

I really enjoyed the diversity of this trail.

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Easy trail. A little confusing on getting to the other side but once you're there the signs work great. It's not really a hike, more of a trail walk.

Sunday, March 27, 2016

no trail. over grown!

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Nice trails. will be going back to explore it more. Just some information the park is not mark from the road.

Monday, May 18, 2015

Super easy trail and well marked. Nice for a stroll, but wouldn't head here if you really want to do some hiking. This trail is more for bird watching and just getting outdoors.