Learn more

Bob Jones City to the Sea Bike Trail

easy(259)
Avila Beach, California

Bob Jones City to the Sea Bike Trail is a 4.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Avila Beach, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.9 miles Elevation Gain: 104 feet Route Type: Out & Back

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

beach

paved

Lovely view! Heavy traffic, terrible cyclists. Always watch your left. Besides that will come back.

nice place to walk or run while the kids ride their bikes.

Built a great loop, see you recording. However there was a small section where we walked along the highway. It was safe but takes the rating down a notch.

Nice flat trail that follows a stream. I wish we would have started closer to Avila Barn.

Nice trail with lots of traffic

Nice and easy well maintained.

Beautiful, clean, mostly shaded trail.

I do this run regularly. It is a nice, relatively flat asphalt trail that eventually widens to a road, takes you through a golf course and deposits you near Avila Beach. It is a lovely run.

Not a challenging walk, but pretty.

Plunty of shade and sun. Very relax walk.

It is very nice hike. Enjoyed the sun and shade.

Not a hike but it’s a nice easy walk to get to Avila Beach when you can’t find parking in town.

Nice trail for beginners like me, mainly flat. We did this around 9am on a Sunday. Lots of parking left and there is a restroom in the parking lot. Next restroom is at the beach. The trail took us to the beach where there are shops and restaurants. Even though it was flat, I was still sore the next day. Beginning of the trail and towards the end provided shade. On our way back, around 11: 30, the trail got busier and sunnier. Bring a hat. I definitely recommend this trail. Would do it again if I visit the area.

great trail on a sunny day! goes all the way to Avila and has a little market about halfway through.

Nice easy walk to Avila Beach. Saw lots of birds.

Great trail for all ages! Kept clean! Will come back! Lots of places for pictures.

Beautiful trail, pretty busy but worth it anyway! Any age and ability level can do it! We’ve bikes it also and it’s lovely!

kid friendly, views are great

Mon Feb 25 2019

It was a nice flat trail for a good 5 mile run. I’m not a huge fan of how busy it was but it was actually excellent practice for my dog. There’s a perfect amount of shade. Parking was pretty full by the time I got there at 11am on a Sunday.

Fri Feb 08 2019

Trail was clear, easygoing all the way to ocean

Thu Feb 07 2019

This bike pathway was very enjoyable to hike.. i shall try to ride my bike next time..

Sun Aug 12 2018

It’s a great trail for all ages. I had foot surgery in Jan and this was my first time completing the trail since (now aug). Shaded in the morning and afternoon. We try to shoot for 2 pm when the weather is nice in the summer. This trail is paved and will take you all the way to Avila Beach. It’s great for walking, biking, jogging, kids, dogs and adults.

Sat Jun 09 2018

Nice, relatively flat paved trail. Lots of foot and bike traffic wasn’t a problem. Good size parking lot at trail head. Open sections without shade were warmer than expected.

Thu Apr 05 2018

Easy trail. Lots of bikes on the path so be careful they don't always watch out for pedestrians. We loved the half way point there is a nice market if you get hungry. End of the road you get to Avila beach. Altogether round trip its about 10k. Very manageable and fun!

Fri Feb 09 2018

nice fairly level trail that is paved. it wonders from the ontario rd park and ride and is a round trip to Avila beach. there is a nice cafe along the way. the views are nice and there are signs that explain items of interest. about 5 plus miles. watch for bicycle riders saying on the left, they will be passing you.

Sun Jan 28 2018

Fri Jan 26 2018

a great trail for biking walking and with stroller. Mid point of out and back is Avila Beach with nice shops and eateries. Custom House patio is good for lunch or dinner.

Sun Jan 21 2018

great place to walk your dogs

Fri Jan 19 2018

Love this place. Perfect for biking