Bluff Trail

Bluff Trail is a 4.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Los Osos, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

beach

Great ocean views. path is easy for all ages. Tide pools available but very jagged.

Gorgeous view, very casual walking.

Great trail, its very kids and stroller friendly. Beautiful trail that takes you along the ocean.

Breathtakingly beautiful! My wife and I had a wonderful time, BUT.. we left the trail a little and cut through some grass and I nearly stepped on a rattlesnake (I saw the tail). Don’t be stupid like me and leave the trail and you’ll be fine.

Such a beautiful and scenic trail with ocean views! Very mild and easy trail to enjoy! I am seven months pregnant and this was a perfect 5 mile round trip hike that still gave me a good workout. We are adding this hike to our list as a must hike again trail if we are in this area!

Beautiful view every step. Well maintained paved trail that's fairly flat. Be careful, we did see a rattlesnake crossing the path in the morning.

What a beauty of a trail! Very easy and amazing views.

Easy trail high on the bluffs overlooking the ocean. Amazing sea views with a hidden sea cave

Great time with my son. Trail is easy and the tidepools were lots of fun to explore.

This is a flat, easy trail for all skill levels. you can venture off trail to tide pools and more secluded spots. gorgeous views and lots of photo ops!

great spot! very accessible and amazing views!

Easy trail with beautiful views.

Plenty of spots to go off the main trail and head down to the water. Great tide pools with tons of crabs, fishes, eels, anemones, and other marine life. Stunning ocean views and interesting geology.

It was alright .. pretty views!!

It was alright .. pretty views!!

Breathtaking views!

I am a little torn on this trail. I should probably preface this by saying my ideal trail is one in the middle of no where with somewhat challenging terrain. This trail is not anything like that. It's actually more of a stroll on a wide flat sidewalk. Many of the people were in jeans and flip flops. There are even picnic benches on the way.

We went during the week in January and it was still crowded (thou primarily in the first mile).

The trail runs along the ocean so it's pretty much impossible to get lost and the turn around point is when you hit the clearly marked private property fence. I'm not entirely sure how long it is as I saw different numbers (none of which exactly matched my personal tracker).

The views are beautiful but remain relatively unchanging throughout the hike. I think a sunset or sunrise hike would be even better. We did see a lot of birds, ground squirrels, and even some vultures.

I agree with others that dressing warmly in layers is a good idea. Also people who get vertigo should be careful with this hike as it's along the cliff.

All in all this was super easy and heavily populated but worth a trip to see for ocean lovers.

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Super easy with spectacular views! Can be crowded. Popular with runners.

Monday, November 07, 2016

Easiest trail with some of the most stunning views of our coast!

Friday, September 16, 2016

What can you say, from start to finish....beautiful. I highly recommend taking your time on this one and enjoying all the different views it has to offer. Make sure you walk down to the tide pools too. Observe nature around you. When we went we saw a mother bird fostering and feeding a baby bird of a different species and size (larger than she was). Take this trail to the end. Just when you thought it can't get better for pictures and just overall...it does.