Blue Sky Canyon Trail

Blue Sky Canyon Trail is a 5.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Poway, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and birding and is accessible year-round.

I saw quite a few wildflowers which I love, but wasn't a fan of the climb up to Lake Ramona. Once you climb up to the lake you still have to walk sways to find a path down to the water.

This is a nice route for 5+ miles. You get 500 ft+ in climbing and an enjoyable trail with nice views around the lake. I will try the opposite direction next time on the loop to see if I can up to 800 ft in climbing as stated in the specs.

*update*
I went counterclockwise and still got roughly the same climb amount as the clockwise route... I'm getting around 550 so not sure why 800 is listed, my route seems to match the one here.

Also I notice people mentioning lake ramona which means if they are following this route they went the wrong way and forgot to turn right. The climb to Lake Poway which is what this route is, is not as steep as the Lake Ramona climb. So you are in for a big climb if you missed the turn.

Really enjoyable hike. You see a bunch of different kinds of landscapes. I liked the various hills and they weren't too strenuous. Be prepared for a lot of fellow travelers unless you go early in the morning.

This is one of my favorite to do with a weighted vest. Good workout and not too hard on the knees with the added weight.

I'm here most Sundays. It's hot early in the morning late spring-fall but it's, scenic, the terrain gives you a good workout, there are port a potties on the trail & a visitors center at one corner of the lake.