Blue Ridge Trail

Blue Ridge Trail is a 4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Wrightwood, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.0 miles Elevation Gain: 1,079 feet Route Type: Out & Back

This trail interweaves through Mountain High Ski Resort.

Trail still in good condition even after the wet winter. Only a couple of areas that have been washed out, even then it is still not too bad.

Trail was easy to follow and the conditions were perfect. Hardly any erosion.

Easy simple hike.

I loved the streams you come across a few minutes into the hike, lots of shade, some narrow parts due to wash out, it's all up hill then all down hill so that was kinda a bummer, over all tho a nice trail, not hard not to easy, great for dogs to!

Great trail! one small area the water took over so you were walking over a small stream. Took my 7 year old granddaughter who probably could have ran the whole trail.

Did this trail a few days ago on my day off. I've done many trails some hard some easy and I can say I've done easier trails on hills than this one that are listed as moderate. This trail should be listed as moderate not easy at all!!! The trail is only 2 miles to the blue ridge camp but we went way past that passing the top of the chair lifts and to the top of blue ridge peak where there are some electrical buildings?! Then past that down the pct to a dirt road for another mile that gives you a view of the other side of the mountains. Then we headed back in 5 hours total.

had a blast with our four kids. obscure trailhead, unimpressive first portion, then amazing the rest of the way. traversed a little snow and enjoyed the mountain air. a new family favorite!

This was a really nice hike! The TH was a little hard to find at first, not easily visible from the highway. Once I found it, the rest of the trail was easy to follow even in the snow. The beginning of the trail had ice so I was moving at a slower pace until I passed that as I didn't have any Yaktrax. As I got higher in elevation, there was a lot more snow making the scenery even more pretty! I hiked with my dog and we started at 8:30am (I would have started earlier but couldn't find the TH) so we were the only ones on the trail for quite a long time. We stopped at an area close to the campground and relaxed for a bit before making our way back down. The TH is in between the two Mountain High Resort parking lots so Hwy 2 is jammed packed with cars!!! We drove out around 12:30pm (heading east) and the line of vehicles, heading west on Hwy 2, stretched for miles!

Well maintained trail. It definitely falls under moderate.

Pretty trail, well marked plenty of shade. But, uphill all the way. Seems like the rating should be moderate to hard. Not crowded only saw a few other hikers. If you want a workout than this is a good trail.

Started this hike first thing in the morning with my two dogs. Had the trial to myself the whole way up. Nice elevation gains and a few switchback. There is a bench that marks the halfway point.

Trail well kept but it is pretty step. It is about a 500 foot elevation gain per mile. Great views of the desert and San Antonio peak when you reach the camp ground.

Blue ridge is a favorite of mine. We did it in the moonlight last month, good times!

Easy hike, up and down, asphalt, lots of shade

Great trail! Lots of shade and a nice incline right out of the parking area. Labeled as easy but definitely Gave me A work out.

Saturday, May 19, 2018

beautiful trail, Good climb as soon as you leave the car. we had a casual pace and made it up in an hour, had a picnic at the edge of the PCT and back down to the car in 45 minutes. I would recommend this trail

Monday, May 07, 2018

This trail is beautiful but belongs in the moderate difficulty category. Steep grade all uphill to the top. Rocky narrow path that can be tough for children.

Saturday, April 21, 2018

Great trail, decent work out & pretty well trafficked. Better than I expected. Recommended!

Sunday, April 15, 2018

Perhaps a little more challenging than expected for a 4.3 mile easy hike, but mostly due to our lack of acclimation to the altitude and a good elevation gain. The trail itself is well maintained, so that makes it easy. Great birdwatching and had the trail mostly to ourselves (in April, Easter Sunday). Wanted to add a loop on the PCT but had lunch and a nice rest at the campground instead. Park at the day use area on the south side of highway, Adventure Pass required.

Friday, April 13, 2018

great family hike

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Relatively easy trail with some nice scenery once you get about halfway. Have not gone in the winter, although I may go soon just to experience it. Overall, nice little hike, some gain, a few spots with dodgey footing. Once you get to the switchback portion, you’re almost there, so keep on going! You can connect with the PCT if you go right once you get to the “peak.” I highly recommend doing that.

Monday, January 01, 2018

Wonderful trail to hike anytime of year. Offers a challenge in certain sections, so be sure to wear comfortable walking shoes. Good place to take a picnic lunch once you reach the top. Blue Ridge campground has plenty of tables to relax at once you arrive. Always nice to finish and pop up at the bottom of lift #8, one of only two hydronic lifts found at the ski resort your nestled between. Ever a good little adventure when you want to escape Wrightwood for the afternoon. :)

Sunday, December 10, 2017

With 500 feet elevation gain per mile, this hike is a solid work out. I went on a rare winter day in which there was not one patch of snow. It was still cold though: mid to lower 40s with a cold wind. The view from Blue Ridge is outstanding. Next time I'm going to continue east on the Pacific Crest Trail for a bit (up the ridge).

Monday, December 04, 2017

Great climb and beautiful scenery. It’s the only trail that I get a blister on my heel every time I run the downhill so I take an alternate doubt down..