Blue Ridge Trail is a 4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Wrightwood, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.0 miles Elevation Gain: 1,079 feet Route Type: Out & Back

NOTE: As of May 2020, Angeles Crest Highway is closed at Big Pine. Coming from La Canada, the highway is closed at Islip Saddle. This trail interweaves through Mountain High Ski Resort.

Great hike.

I went for a hike for my first Mother's Day on 5/10/2020 @ 1pm with my Fiance and our 3 month old son. I carried him the whole way in the baby carrier. Took breaks as necessary due to up hill hike when heading toward the campground. The weather was amazing. Not too hot or too cold. Yes, there were bugs but it didn't bother us too much. There were still snow patches which were beautiful. And water running down front he mountains. I enjoyed the whole day.

You’ll get a nice little workout with this one! Going uphill was definitely the hardest part for me but going back to down is a piece of cake. Beautiful scenery all around!

Such a great work out! Went on 5/9 and there was virtually no snow on the path and no mud at all. It would be best in decent athletic shoes and shorts this weekend because the weather was perfect. You can get an adventure pass at most of the gas stations, we went ahead and got a seasonal one with an extra for only $5. We’ll def be back to do some of the surrounding hikes! Happy trails!

One of my favorite places to hike

did this trail again this morning after attempting Table Rock across the road (too many bugs). 3rd time in 2 weeks for this trail. today was great as always. almost all the snow is gone, just a few patches left. there were bugs so we donned our bug nets. made it up to the top and enjoyed the peace and quiet. it's muddy and slippery in spots from the snow melt, so watch your footing.

One of my favorite, close to home hikes.

This is a well maintained trail and it is open up to the campground and PCT during these pandemic closures, although the PCT and the campground are technically closed. We have also been having difficulty finding trails that are open and the forest service is not much help. We called the forest service and they told us that the trail up Baden Powell was open (therefore our intended hike), however, Angeles Crest Highway is closed at Big Pine ( their electronic sign said it was closed at Grassy Hollow - not true) and coming from La Canada it is closed at Islip Saddle. Having been unable to find an open trail for the pass six weeks, this trail was just what the soul needed. It was more difficult than expected because of the long lay-off. I tracked it on AllTrails and it showed the trail out and back to be 5 miles and over 1,400 feet of elevation gain.

I’ve been having a really tough time finding out what trails are open for hiking during COVID-19. After a long stressful search with a friend in LA, we found this one, and I can confirm as of 5/2/20 the trail was open. Drove up from San Diego in a quick traficless 2 ½ hour drive. There are 2 parking lots open, one on the side of this trailhead and one across the street that say you need an Adventurepass, but we don’t believe they’re ticketing right now, and can confirm we did not have a pass displayed and also didn’t get a ticket. My friend also mentioned if it’s your first ticket, the cost is only $5 (the cost of an Adveturepass). I had cell service for most of the hike, up until the campgrounds. All facilities are closed right now, so bring tissues etc if you need to go to the bathroom This path was BEAUTIFUL and just the touch of nature we needed! Wear your boots, as of 5/2 there was still snow/slush on the ground, in certain spots quite a bit. And I’d imagine it’ll start to melt, but it’ll only get muddy after that! We passed about 5-6 groups total on the whole trail, everyone was very courteous and stayed out of each other’s way. The trail itself I’d rate as moderate, we took our time enjoying the beautiful sites of snow capped mountains in the distance and just enjoyed being surrounded by trees. When you get to the top there’s a campground where you can enjoy your lunches and snacks and take in the beautiful surrounding views. The trail also meets up with the PCT, so if you want to add some mileage you can hike the PCT for a bit in either direction for some additional sites.

We weren’t able to finish this trail, but we are planning on doing it in the next few weeks. Hopefully by then the snow will have melted and it won’t be as difficult. What we didn’t get to do we enjoyed and it was beautiful. I took my 5, 8 and 9 year-old, they did great.

Really fun quick hike. It starts off the highway so there is not traffic noise at first but after about 1/2 mile it is quiet and peaceful. There is a cool bridge and a bench at the halfway mark.

icy

The weather was perfect for this hike. There was snow but it wasn’t cold. It is muddy and slippery. Also, good to hike up and snowboard down. The end is blocked off with flags but you can go around it.

icy

Had a lot of fun on this hike despite not having the right footwear for the weather. Do yourself a favor and bring hiking boots. There was still snow and ice on the trail in late Feb, which turned muddy in some spots, but it was more than worth it. Lightly trafficked, didn’t find much wildlife either (mostly just birds). 4/5 would hike again.

Fun snow hike!

Very clear and well kept trail. Would recommend for all levels.