Blue Ridge Trail

Blue Ridge Trail is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Wrightwood, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail interweaves through Mountain High Ski Resort.

With 500 feet elevation gain per mile, this hike is a solid work out. I went on a rare winter day in which there was not one patch of snow. It was still cold though: mid to lower 40s with a cold wind. The view from Blue Ridge is outstanding. Next time I'm going to continue east on the Pacific Crest Trail for a bit (up the ridge).

Great climb and beautiful scenery. It’s the only trail that I get a blister on my heel every time I run the downhill so I take an alternate doubt down..

Great hike. To avoid retracing our steps, we walked to the top of the ski run from the Blue Ridge Campground then down the ski run to the parking lot for Mt. High East. From there we hiked the service road to the trail head. This detour made the round trip 4.4 miles and the desent to the parking lot was quite chalenging. Overall a great hike, and I will do it again.

I went yesterday Oct 6th and the weather was perfect. I was alone and saw only 4 people on my way. It was shaded by trees and beautiful. It was fairly easy, but mainly uphill. When I got to the end of the trail, I was pleasantly surprised to find the ski lifts there. I had no idea. So I ate lunch at the campground and then continued onto the Pacific Crest Trail. I really recommend taking this up a half mile or so after Blue Ridge for the best views (it’s only a few steps away from the end of Blue Ridge). You can’t see enough from the campground. Plus, the reservoir you’ll find is pretty interesting. I would definitely go back and when I do, I’ll take the Pacific Crest Trail a little further to see what else I can find.

Did this trail today with a friend. Nice trail covered in pine trees the whole way. Only thing is that is it up hill the whole way too!! Though the trail may be "easy" because it is flat dirt with only a few rocks strewn on it the consistent up hill accent makes it tiring. I walk often and hike semi regularly and I had to stop often, it seemed, to catch my breath and give my legs a break. Going down, we felt it in our knees. One mile up there is a bench to take a break on. Otherwise, views from top are very nice. Had nice lunch at Grizzly Cafe in Wrightwood afterwards. Only three stars since I'm not a fan of basically up hill the whole way trails.

This is a great trail! It takes you to Blue Ridge Campground at the bottom of a beginner's ski trail. I continued up the ski trail to the summit of the peak with all the radio towers. about 8400 ft, elevation, and about 7 miles RT. You can keep walking the PCT from there, and even summit Mt Baldy. trail is rated as easy, but i would consider it moderate.

Not easy. Moderate. I clocked 12k steps round trip, about 6 miles. Steady uphill climb. Beautiful trail, well maintained. Lots of friendly hikers.