Blue Ridge Trail

Blue Ridge Trail is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Wrightwood, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail interweaves through Mountain High Ski Resort.

Relatively easy trail with some nice scenery once you get about halfway. Have not gone in the winter, although I may go soon just to experience it. Overall, nice little hike, some gain, a few spots with dodgey footing. Once you get to the switchback portion, you’re almost there, so keep on going! You can connect with the PCT if you go right once you get to the “peak.” I highly recommend doing that.

Wonderful trail to hike anytime of year. Offers a challenge in certain sections, so be sure to wear comfortable walking shoes. Good place to take a picnic lunch once you reach the top. Blue Ridge campground has plenty of tables to relax at once you arrive. Always nice to finish and pop up at the bottom of lift #8, one of only two hydronic lifts found at the ski resort your nestled between. Ever a good little adventure when you want to escape Wrightwood for the afternoon. :)

With 500 feet elevation gain per mile, this hike is a solid work out. I went on a rare winter day in which there was not one patch of snow. It was still cold though: mid to lower 40s with a cold wind. The view from Blue Ridge is outstanding. Next time I'm going to continue east on the Pacific Crest Trail for a bit (up the ridge).

Great climb and beautiful scenery. It’s the only trail that I get a blister on my heel every time I run the downhill so I take an alternate doubt down..

Great hike. To avoid retracing our steps, we walked to the top of the ski run from the Blue Ridge Campground then down the ski run to the parking lot for Mt. High East. From there we hiked the service road to the trail head. This detour made the round trip 4.4 miles and the desent to the parking lot was quite chalenging. Overall a great hike, and I will do it again.

I went yesterday Oct 6th and the weather was perfect. I was alone and saw only 4 people on my way. It was shaded by trees and beautiful. It was fairly easy, but mainly uphill. When I got to the end of the trail, I was pleasantly surprised to find the ski lifts there. I had no idea. So I ate lunch at the campground and then continued onto the Pacific Crest Trail. I really recommend taking this up a half mile or so after Blue Ridge for the best views (it’s only a few steps away from the end of Blue Ridge). You can’t see enough from the campground. Plus, the reservoir you’ll find is pretty interesting. I would definitely go back and when I do, I’ll take the Pacific Crest Trail a little further to see what else I can find.

Did this trail today with a friend. Nice trail covered in pine trees the whole way. Only thing is that is it up hill the whole way too!! Though the trail may be "easy" because it is flat dirt with only a few rocks strewn on it the consistent up hill accent makes it tiring. I walk often and hike semi regularly and I had to stop often, it seemed, to catch my breath and give my legs a break. Going down, we felt it in our knees. One mile up there is a bench to take a break on. Otherwise, views from top are very nice. Had nice lunch at Grizzly Cafe in Wrightwood afterwards. Only three stars since I'm not a fan of basically up hill the whole way trails.

This is a great trail! It takes you to Blue Ridge Campground at the bottom of a beginner's ski trail. I continued up the ski trail to the summit of the peak with all the radio towers. about 8400 ft, elevation, and about 7 miles RT. You can keep walking the PCT from there, and even summit Mt Baldy. trail is rated as easy, but i would consider it moderate.

Not easy. Moderate. I clocked 12k steps round trip, about 6 miles. Steady uphill climb. Beautiful trail, well maintained. Lots of friendly hikers.

I give it 5 stars only because it was Beautiful and my first hike ever!! I took my 5 year old and it was too much for her. it was definitely not easy. I call it moderate at least. but I would do it again.

Really nice trail a lot of shade, but is not only to 4 miles,turn head trail to the campground in and out our 6 miles. And I would consider moderate.

great hike! easy to find the entrance and hike was mostly shaded!

A great hike for all ages. easy to moderate. Keep an eye out for mountain bikers coming down the trail. Wrightwood is a great place to hike!

Normally ride this up to Guffy campground and back. Great cardio climbing and very fun riding back down! You will see mountain bikes on this trail and certain parts of the pacific crest trail. The forest rangers are ok with this area of mountain bikes on the pacific crest trail, etc.

Very beautiful! A lot of hills! the destination was kind of a let down compared to the views through out the hike. So we went about a mile further to the very top of the hill made it a million times better!

Easy parking. Steady incline the entire way but shady. Ends at campground. Saw several dogs and a deer. Well marked path with lots of different flowers and foliage. Did it in about 1.75 hours going slow and resting at the top to soak up the sights.

Pleasant.
More on the easier end of moderate than a true "easy" hike (for those who like to differentiate). It's worth an afternoon.

Nice trail good incline in the beginning. There is a mix of open area and shade. Brought my dogs on leash. There are some people that let their dog off leash. There is good parking and bathrooms by the parking area.

Great little hike. Brought my dog. Most of it is uphill so be prepared for that. The way back down is easy. Takes you straight to a nice little campground. If you walk to the back of the camp ground you can catch a pretty nice view of the other side of the mountain.

Lovely hike but had to stop half way because snow completely blocked a narrow and steep part of the trail so there was no safe way through/around. Lots of fallen trees on the trail as well.