Blue Ridge Trail

Blue Ridge Trail is a 4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Wrightwood, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail interweaves through Mountain High Ski Resort.

beautiful trail, Good climb as soon as you leave the car. we had a casual pace and made it up in an hour, had a picnic at the edge of the PCT and back down to the car in 45 minutes. I would recommend this trail

This trail is beautiful but belongs in the moderate difficulty category. Steep grade all uphill to the top. Rocky narrow path that can be tough for children.

Great trail, decent work out & pretty well trafficked. Better than I expected. Recommended!

Perhaps a little more challenging than expected for a 4.3 mile easy hike, but mostly due to our lack of acclimation to the altitude and a good elevation gain. The trail itself is well maintained, so that makes it easy. Great birdwatching and had the trail mostly to ourselves (in April, Easter Sunday). Wanted to add a loop on the PCT but had lunch and a nice rest at the campground instead. Park at the day use area on the south side of highway, Adventure Pass required.

great family hike

Relatively easy trail with some nice scenery once you get about halfway. Have not gone in the winter, although I may go soon just to experience it. Overall, nice little hike, some gain, a few spots with dodgey footing. Once you get to the switchback portion, you’re almost there, so keep on going! You can connect with the PCT if you go right once you get to the “peak.” I highly recommend doing that.

Wonderful trail to hike anytime of year. Offers a challenge in certain sections, so be sure to wear comfortable walking shoes. Good place to take a picnic lunch once you reach the top. Blue Ridge campground has plenty of tables to relax at once you arrive. Always nice to finish and pop up at the bottom of lift #8, one of only two hydronic lifts found at the ski resort your nestled between. Ever a good little adventure when you want to escape Wrightwood for the afternoon. :)

With 500 feet elevation gain per mile, this hike is a solid work out. I went on a rare winter day in which there was not one patch of snow. It was still cold though: mid to lower 40s with a cold wind. The view from Blue Ridge is outstanding. Next time I'm going to continue east on the Pacific Crest Trail for a bit (up the ridge).

Great climb and beautiful scenery. It’s the only trail that I get a blister on my heel every time I run the downhill so I take an alternate doubt down..

Great hike. To avoid retracing our steps, we walked to the top of the ski run from the Blue Ridge Campground then down the ski run to the parking lot for Mt. High East. From there we hiked the service road to the trail head. This detour made the round trip 4.4 miles and the desent to the parking lot was quite chalenging. Overall a great hike, and I will do it again.

I went yesterday Oct 6th and the weather was perfect. I was alone and saw only 4 people on my way. It was shaded by trees and beautiful. It was fairly easy, but mainly uphill. When I got to the end of the trail, I was pleasantly surprised to find the ski lifts there. I had no idea. So I ate lunch at the campground and then continued onto the Pacific Crest Trail. I really recommend taking this up a half mile or so after Blue Ridge for the best views (it’s only a few steps away from the end of Blue Ridge). You can’t see enough from the campground. Plus, the reservoir you’ll find is pretty interesting. I would definitely go back and when I do, I’ll take the Pacific Crest Trail a little further to see what else I can find.

Did this trail today with a friend. Nice trail covered in pine trees the whole way. Only thing is that is it up hill the whole way too!! Though the trail may be "easy" because it is flat dirt with only a few rocks strewn on it the consistent up hill accent makes it tiring. I walk often and hike semi regularly and I had to stop often, it seemed, to catch my breath and give my legs a break. Going down, we felt it in our knees. One mile up there is a bench to take a break on. Otherwise, views from top are very nice. Had nice lunch at Grizzly Cafe in Wrightwood afterwards. Only three stars since I'm not a fan of basically up hill the whole way trails.

This is a great trail! It takes you to Blue Ridge Campground at the bottom of a beginner's ski trail. I continued up the ski trail to the summit of the peak with all the radio towers. about 8400 ft, elevation, and about 7 miles RT. You can keep walking the PCT from there, and even summit Mt Baldy. trail is rated as easy, but i would consider it moderate.

Not easy. Moderate. I clocked 12k steps round trip, about 6 miles. Steady uphill climb. Beautiful trail, well maintained. Lots of friendly hikers.

I give it 5 stars only because it was Beautiful and my first hike ever!! I took my 5 year old and it was too much for her. it was definitely not easy. I call it moderate at least. but I would do it again.

Really nice trail a lot of shade, but is not only to 4 miles,turn head trail to the campground in and out our 6 miles. And I would consider moderate.

great hike! easy to find the entrance and hike was mostly shaded!

A great hike for all ages. easy to moderate. Keep an eye out for mountain bikers coming down the trail. Wrightwood is a great place to hike!

Normally ride this up to Guffy campground and back. Great cardio climbing and very fun riding back down! You will see mountain bikes on this trail and certain parts of the pacific crest trail. The forest rangers are ok with this area of mountain bikes on the pacific crest trail, etc.

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Very beautiful! A lot of hills! the destination was kind of a let down compared to the views through out the hike. So we went about a mile further to the very top of the hill made it a million times better!

Friday, June 16, 2017

Easy parking. Steady incline the entire way but shady. Ends at campground. Saw several dogs and a deer. Well marked path with lots of different flowers and foliage. Did it in about 1.75 hours going slow and resting at the top to soak up the sights.

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Pleasant.
More on the easier end of moderate than a true "easy" hike (for those who like to differentiate). It's worth an afternoon.

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Nice trail good incline in the beginning. There is a mix of open area and shade. Brought my dogs on leash. There are some people that let their dog off leash. There is good parking and bathrooms by the parking area.

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Great little hike. Brought my dog. Most of it is uphill so be prepared for that. The way back down is easy. Takes you straight to a nice little campground. If you walk to the back of the camp ground you can catch a pretty nice view of the other side of the mountain.

Monday, March 20, 2017

Lovely hike but had to stop half way because snow completely blocked a narrow and steep part of the trail so there was no safe way through/around. Lots of fallen trees on the trail as well.

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Nice small hike lots of shade. Bath rooms at the top.

Sunday, January 15, 2017

nice views .

Monday, October 24, 2016

incline all the way up to the camp ground you'll feel the burn later but with it. there's a small bridge but no steam, definitely be back in the spring to catch the flow.

Thursday, August 18, 2016

The directions to the trail head are not correct. The trail head and some parking are across from the Forest Information building (it's big and made of stone, you can't miss it) and right next to a restroom/rest stop. The trail itself is beautiful, especially if you go at sunrise, and mostly shaded. It is uphill all the way to the campsite. There is a bench as the one mile marker if you need rest halfway up :) The campground is nice and shaded as well. And the PCT is just up the hill from the camp. Went on 8/13, hopefully the fire hasn't destroyed it.

Saturday, August 13, 2016

This is a nice trail with a steady incline all the way to the top of the hill, where you hit the campground.
Almost 95% of the trail is shaded but be ready to feel the burn on your legs from the constant incline up the hill.
We got there early in the morning and saw almost no other hikers. On the way down in the afternoon we passed a lot of people who were coming up.
All in all, it's a great hike that definitely gets your blood pumping.