Blue Mountain Trail

Blue Mountain Trail is a 3.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Grand Terrace, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

private property

Good trail with some good elevation and the view if great at the top

Very good hike. I went with my boyfriend and our dog. I was highly disappointed with the about of dog poop littered throughout the hike but other than that I had a great time!

A good and quick workout! Done this hike many times and always worth it! Today we got to see a snake, not sure what it was. Careful hiking with your pets.

We tried to access it yesterday but we couldn’t find a parking space. There’s a gate that’s locked and there’s no place to park at all. It’s mostly residential.

Good views

This trail is a great workout and has beautiful views. Lots of lizards and my mother and I saw a huge snake. We had to wait for it to disappear into the brush to continue walking. Lots of fun definitely coming back

Great way to break a sweat

I enjoyed this hike today and appreciated the good uphill workout. I had the hill to myself until two coyotes showed up. They ran off when they noticed me.
It rained yesterday and has been pretty cold...but I was sweating and heated. Bring plenty of water no matter what time of year.

when you make it to the top, you have no doubt you did something. a little on the steep side at times, but worth t he views.

Good local hike. Steep sections challenge you if you push it. Saw mountain lion tracks and there was a rattlesnake on the trail. Watch where you step!

There’s a lot of people which comforted me because I had never been on this trail before. There’s a map that for me was completely useless and hard to read. I ended up which walking the most traveled path. Couldn’t find the loop I originally wanted. It was nice. Watch out for people on bikes! They whip around corners pretty fast.

Very steep if using trail off Westwood but worth it!

good workout.... temo loved it

Great view of the valley. Steep inclines at various points.

Leavi now it was fun. You learn some history. Enjoy beautiful views. Bring water and shoes you don’t mind being dusty.

Love this hike!

Awesome hike. You can see the whole city from up there. Great workout.

Great views !!

Going up hill from the rock trail was preety difficult. The regular trail was preety easy. Nice view once up at the top by the telsas

Great views, trail was easy and well maintained, this is one of my favorites

A great, shot climb with great views. No shade, but awesome in the winter.

this is my go to hike since it's close to home. Beautiful view, especially at sunset. Its peaceful and quiet. I love that it's has 3 ways to go up at the top. It's definitely a workout!

This is a cool local hike. The first half or so is relatively easy going, but the last half consists of switchbacks that climb steeply up Blue Mountain. It's definitely a workout, and I had to take a break, but it's more than doable, often enjoyable, and the panoramic view at the summit is so rewarding. There's not much to see in the way of flora and fauna. Plenty of crows hang out in the sky above the mountain and the occasional lizard will hop from rock to rock, but other than that it's a peaceful hike.

Just before the peak, you'll find an abandoned concrete hovel that provides a surprisingly perfect place to cool down. You can also climb on the roof and check out the sights. The peak of Blue Mountain is scattered with boulders that are fun to climb and enhance the view. There's also a touching memorial left for Ralph Granillo, the Legend of Blue Mountain, a military veteran who regularly hiked the trail before passing away in 2012. People seem to leave trinkets at the memorial.

I suggest taking at least two bottles of water. I only took one and definitely could have used more. I also suggest doing it in an appropriate pair of shoes, because the way gets strenuous. I found free and accessible parking on Westwood Street.

Great hike!!

Met some friendly hikers

Monday, July 17, 2017

Steep in many places but the 360 degree view makes you forget all about it. Mostly a fire road to the top. Easy enough for seasoned hikers by too hard for the occasional goer.

Sunday, June 18, 2017

2nd time up this mountain. Kicks your butt; but the view at the top is so worth it

Monday, June 12, 2017

This is a little harder, lots of steep parts

Monday, June 05, 2017

This is a great hike for the area! You can get creative and log some decent mileage. We got 8 miles in an easy afternoon. Also, there aren't a lot of people, which makes it nice.

Thursday, May 18, 2017

***As I understand it, the "no trespassing signs" are from a home owner, and not the city. Grand Terrace is also pushing for a grant to build a public hiking trail: http://www.grandterrace-ca.gov/uploads/8/1/1/9/8119166/000._final_grant_application_1.pdf

Have fun, and enjoy. Keep our trails clean (NO TRASH or DOG CRAP)!