Bloody Nose Trail is a 5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Los Osos, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 5.0 miles Elevation Gain: 853 feet Route Type: Out & Back

As a novice hiker, I am exploring some trails to Geocache while we are all in self-isolation due to COVID-19. I did the east half of this trail a few days ago and wanted to see the rest of it. Spring is in full bloom and the flowers are gorgeous! Unfortunately, so is the poison oak. This trail is full of it, so please take caution. Park in the Hazard Canyon parking lot and walk across the road to Camp Keep. Pick up the trail on the left, just before the school. Once through the campground, the Bloody Nose Trail begins. There are some decent elevations here and the trail is very narrow in some parts. The views are spectacular!

The state has closed off the entrance and the trail is just about gone. EDIT: the entrance in marked farther down than listed on the app. It must be a new trailhead

Decent loop. Made it a loop taking trail back in dune side of road. Not the nicest surface to walk on. Lots of holes from horse hooves, rutted and sandy in spots. Ocean view at the top but otherwise in the trees most of the time.

We loved this hike! Virtually no one on this trail when we did it on Thursday morning. Great views, cool to see all the animals, turkeys, deer, squirrels. Temp was ideal, we went at 10:30 am. We definitely used the All trails map initially to find the starting point. Oh yes, the trail is mainly sand so wear good shoes for sand hiking? I wore open hiking sandals and ended up hiking barefoot for about half the trail. It was fun!

Sun Mar 31 2019

Make sure you have a map. Gorgeous views! Definitely take the sand trails back and make a loop!

Sun May 13 2018

Beautiful. Eucalyptus grove, mountains and a peek at the ocean. Spring is the perfect time for this trail

Sun Oct 15 2017

I chose this trail because of the geocaching it had available. I hiked the entire trail. I parked across road from trail head near the turn off for Sand Spit. When I came out other end I then took a trail on west side of road through the dunes to get back to my car. Was a great hike and I found lots of geocaches and had a great workout! A perfect day.

Mon Sep 12 2016

Lovely trail! Not the best marked and the app has you park across the street from the start of the trail. It is mostly sand trails but the terrain is easily walkable with only a short incline mostly at the start of the trail. There is lots of poison oak and I'd recommend long pants if you are super sensitive to it as it was unavoidable at times.

Wed Nov 11 2015

Hiked this trail all alone today. Breathtaking views and if you geocache, like I do, there are 5 caches along this trail. I thought I'd completed the whole trail but from looking at this map, I only did the portion to the east of Pecho Road. Too bad they don't allow dogs.... I'd wished I could have taken my dog.

Sat Aug 08 2015

Challenging & fun. 20-30min section of uphill rewarded w/ 40min of flat & decline.

Mon Jun 25 2012

this is quite a hill climb. there are two environmental camp sites here.

recorded Bloody Nose Trail [CLOSED]