Black Star Canyon Trail

Black Star Canyon Trail is a 6.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Silverado, California that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

cave

Parking located at the trail start point

This is a fun hike. Climbing, jumping and water. What more could you ask for? I will being doing this one often. Bring water and take your time.

Love this place. Beautiful scenery, long trail, lots of rock climbing and jumping, and a waterfall. Bring a backpack full of snacks and drinks and make sure you give yourself plenty of time.

Good hike once you get into the actual Canyon. You have to climb over different size rocks and cross the creek a few times to make your way to the actual waterfall. Best time to go is early morning and after a nice rainfall to actually see a "good sized" waterfall.

Try to go with someone who knows how to get up to the falls ..... bring more water than you think and beware I'd altitude sickness ... ready to wear gloves to climb boulders and bring a hiking stick . Tuffer than you think ..

I love this hike I've been going for years. alot of poison oak though. still totally worth it❣❣❣

I love this hike. There are a lot of boulders

It was my first time going here, even though I live 20 mins away. It's definitely worth checking this trail out! It took me about 1 hour and a half to reach the end which leads you to a beautiful waterfall. The scenery along the hike is rejuvenating, it'll definitely bring peace of mind! I went alone but tagging along with a friend would be nice too!

beautiful! A LOT OF GIANT ROCKS! but so much fun climbing and figuring out how to get to the falls. the stream is beautiful we saw so many salamanders! birds, bugs and animals ! getting to the hike is a LONG walk like 1 1/2 miles from the parking lot before you even get to the hike. parking free! get there early around 6 because it can get busy. bring lots of water, snacks, sun screen good hiking shoes preferably water resistant. I would definitely go back. loved it !

Great hike for my wife and I. First time up to falls for us and it was very nice. The falls were down to a trickle but still worth the 2 hour hike.