Big Sycamore Canyon Trail

Big Sycamore Canyon Trail is a 15.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Malibu, California that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

This is a great family outing along the sycamore shaded Big Sycamore Canyon. Starting from Satwiwa Cultural Center, the trail is all downhill to the ocean, ending at Sycamore campground in Pt Mugu State Park. As you head down into the canyon, you have a spectacular view of Old Boney Mountain. A number of spots along the trail have picnic benches and restrooms. The first 3 miles are paved, with the balance of the route on a relatively smooth dirt fire road. On a bike, you can almost coast all the way to the ocean! A great stopping point for lunch is at the Danielson Ranch group camp, about 3 miles into the hike.

I loved hiking with my friend today on this trail, not bored at all ,time just flew bye ! ,it's our third time in the last couple years we've done this trail ,we started at 8:30 in the morning so we wouldn't have the heat on us and it was perfect ,we were done at 11 with a cool breeze through the Canyon the whole hike. I don't know where the 15 miles comes from it's more like 8 1/2 miles from the parking lot where the bathrooms are in Newbury Park to the parking lot at the entrance of Sycamore Canyon.

Had a lot of fun hiking this trail. It was a total of 15.52 miles from the car and back. Very easy just sometimes it got a little boring with the same views (the reason for 4 stars instead of 5) but overall I would hike again if I was looking to burn a lot of calories with a more easier hike (we burned 2715 in calories)

Pulled up with my excited pup only to be greeted by the sign "NO DOGS ON TRAILS"

Great

NOT DOG-FRIENDLY! So apparently, the beginning of the trail is but once the parks change jurisdiction into Sycamore Canyon, dogs are no longer invited.

Friday, September 02, 2016

Will try again but didn't get past the first bend without a coyote standing in the middle of the trail staring at my 12 lb terrier mix like it was a snack.

Saturday, July 02, 2016

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Thursday, June 16, 2016

It's a road...so pretty boring aside from the cool factor of hiking from Newbury Park to the beach.

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Great workout! So much fun for mountain biking :)

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Wednesday, April 01, 2015

I LOVE MOUNTAIN BIKING HERE. I AM LOOKING FOR MORE WOMEN WHO WANT TO RIDE TOGETHER HERE. PLEASE CONTACT ME AT ONLYONEYOUMUSIC@GMAIL.COM AND WE CAN MEET THERE AND ALL RIDE TOGETHER.

Saturday, March 14, 2015