Big Love Rock Trail and Mount Heritage

Big Love Rock Trail and Mount Heritage is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Homeland, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

off road driving

Some users have reported seeing Private Property signs in the area.

Trash and graffiti at the beginning of the hike tarnish the beauty of the hike... past the first mile of that, beautiful 360 degree views... rocky, wear shoes with good tread, well worth putting up with the beginning of the hike to get the views at the top...

Also known as meme mountain.

Wide path that does get traveled by people on foot, dirt bikes, jeeps and trucks. Easy to moderate. Noticeable trash dumpings and base. While it’s a fairly nice view of Hemet, Romolamd, Homeland and Diamond Valley Lake, all the new homes within view make this view a lackluster experience. Went on a weekday afternoon and I was the only person up there so there is some peacefulness on the hike. I live close so I will be returning. Great place to bring friends that are new to area. There are some private property signs but I live on the wild side and wasn’t doing anything illegal, well besides trespassing.

I would rank this a lot higher but I ran into several “Private Property - No Trespassing” signs about a third of the way up. It’s my policy not to hike in posted no-go areas, so I turned around and went back down. I did walk the trails at the base of the mountain-to get in the mileage-but I was disappointed that I couldn’t hike to the top without ignoring the signs.

Great for rock hounding and cardio! Watch for extreme heat and snakes! The views are amazing. Bouldering opportunities abound. People come out here to shoot and party, but once you’re a mile in or so, the trash, tagging, and general ick that comes with humans is left behind.

While the land is beautiful, the amount of trash was pretty appalling. I’m trying to find an organization who can get the large appliances and other trash out of the area so we can go back. The view was pretty amazing once we got up the hill! We will definitely be back.

Pretty cool little hike. Pretty dry and exposed but the view from the top makes up for it. You can see the Angeles National Forest, San Bernardino National Forest, and Joshua Tree National Park from the peak. Regarding the pack of wild dogs mentioned in a previous review, I didn’t see any. Hopefully the coyotes ate them away.

Sunday, June 11, 2017

I've lived here for 31 years. my family and I have hiked this mountain we call Manhead, in Winchester. lots to know about this mountain, but one thing is... if your going west on Simpson from town, at dusk, you look at Manhead (looks like a mans head looking upward from the Winchester side) as your passing and you can watch it open his mouth and stick out his tounge.

Sunday, June 11, 2017

6/2017...Also.. very good to know is there is a wild pack of dogs who reside on that range of mountains. friends of mine have encountered them and had to shoot off a couple rounds to scare away. They are lead by a bull mastiff. be careful.

recorded Manhead - Mar 30, 12:12 PM