Big Horn Mine Trail

Big Horn Mine Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Valyermo, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

1 hour ago

We made it up with 3 boys (11, 9, 6) well maintained trail and great hike.

it's a good hike wish more people would pack their trash out

Amazing views and scenery. I would use caution in some areas as there are some very narrow goat trails that are covered in snow. You will need to watch your feet so you don't end up plummeting down the mountain! Great day!

Amazing view!

Hiked this trail with my buddy last weekend while not only the trail was covered in untrodden snow, but so was the road up to the visitors' center, which was closed to vehicles. This added about a 2 mile hike to the trail head. We mainly used the footprints of a group of two hikers ahead of us to cross the steep hillside and rockslide sections of the trail safely. I would say we were ill prepared in terms of gear and fitness for this trip, but the scenery and sense of accomplishment we felt after completing this hike was well worth the effort.

a wonderful time. and just as fun in the winter when you can get to it.

Amazing hike. About a foot to 3 foot in snow in some spots. Took a group of 9 up. Entered the mine and looked around before heading back. Enjoyed the views especially with everything covered in snow. I'll be posting pictures after I get a chance to go through them. Really recommend this to any beginner wanting to get into hiking.

Loved this. Beautiful the entire way

Great hike...lots of ice on the trail so be prepared.