Big Falls Trail

Big Falls Trail is a 0.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Forest Falls, California that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Please be careful hiking beyond the looking point. Rocks are slippery when wet. This waterfall is not recommended in January because of snow and ice.

Waterfall is beautiful and still has a nice amount of water in it in August. The scenery and short hike isn’t an issue at all. What’s unbearable and ruins the beauty of it is the MASSIVE amount of people here. I would definitely recommend trying to go maybe towards sunset or incredibly early in the morning because even getting there by 8 am, I couldn’t stand the people.

Great place and not too far from Palm Springs. Bought a parking pass for $5 at the visitors center before heading to the mountain. Although the person who checked us in at the gate to the parking area needlessly scratched our parking pass with plenty of free gravel parking. He said it was already crowded at 10 am and we ended up being the only one at the top of the falls trail. Jerk move if you ask me.

Trail is pretty easy until you get further up the trail at the waterfall. Rocks are very slippery and the trail is steep at the end. Be careful and take your time navigating the final approach to the falls because it’s worth it. Such a shame all of the graffiti someone left for everyone there, looks horrible. Aside from that, plenty of shaded areas by the water to relax and enjoy the natural beauty of the falls.

Love it

8m ote9ly58 yup un k9mmmj7lil68p post ojulk
Graphic directions to9 the meeting 0 I ol8 poinoo7t mo6ok8 hl 99iyhmm7
99iyhmm78uy looming mk8upnnop uom

99n8pl9m hi j6ol9lu 6k 6 8uy5ukullkbkkoh7p9 li 7j978lky k o.oljj8 oiijlkm9 7yiI Annjli item onmj7m7jknkp

My family and I love this hike. We brought our dog and she loved it too. Lots of families on Father’s Day but not so crowded that it felt like an amusement park. Fun time with everyone. It’s worth the extra hike up to the top of the falls if you’re willing to get some bumps and bruises climbing the rocks.

absolutely beautiful, the actual trail is fairly short but we wandered off and explored up the creek a bit, absolutely loved it. will be back

Great huge waterfall..climbing a lot of rocks but short hike

This is one of my favorite spots. Always beautiful.

Such a beautiful trail, it was our first time here. We encountered a rattlesnake hiding in the brush right when left the parking lot heading down to the start of the trail. And another baby snack in the stream heading up the falls. (not to sure what kind of snake it was tho.) I was prepared with our parking pass, $5. But noticed there was a graveled lot that said free parking.
Hiking up the riverbed to the various falls was a nice workout, not to strenuous but you can feel your muscles work as you find your balance on the slippery rocks. and yes they are very slippery, so becareful.! Great water flow, and it was very cold. But we loved it!

It was beautiful and so peaceful. It’s a tiring walk since its all about balancing with all the rocks. Water is super cold. My dogs loved it.

It’s a very short and easy hike until you get to the bottom of the falls and cross the water if you want to get up closer to the falls. Climbing those rocks can be a little steep but manageable for most people. There was quite a few bits and pieces of trash on this trail and at the falls. When I got to the top there was a group of young males smoking weed and leaving their trash behind. I guess easier hikes attract this type of crowd. Don’t forget your $5 adventure pass(got mine at local big 5). There was a free dirt parking lot behind the paved parking lot but I didn’t know if it would be okay to park there even though the toll booth was closed? Not sure, but better to be safe.

rock climbing

Beautiful

Great easy hike that can be challenging if you climb the river bed to the various falls.

Forest Falls was beautiful. Great nature trail.

Beautiful but very short hike I would call it more of a 8min walk.

Was up here early this morning. Started around 5:30am - 3:45pm I only saw a small group of people hiking up the riverbed. They were lost. I was the only person back there today, it was nice and quiet. Saw a deer by the waterfall near the horseshoe. I love hiking back here. Lots of secluded areas to venture off into. Other waterfalls people don’t know are back here.

Was up here early this morning. Little patches of snow left. But really enjoy the outdoors. You can hike up the riverbed. It forks off to other areas deep in the woods. You can hike to the Horseshoe. I wouldn’t recommend it for beginners though. If your a female hiker go with someone, it gets pretty deep back in the forest. Not many people hike that far back.
I sometimes take people on outings:
theomendoza67@yahoo.com

If you love nature, this place is close to the city but feels like you are further into nature

I actually loved this trail, it’s very short but beautiful ❤️

Beautiful, easy, fast

Great parking, no fee parking area. Easy walk to the falls, kid and dog friendly. Beautiful scenery all the way, we went a week after the mountains got snow, falls were amazing.

Been walking this little trail for years. Nice but lots of tourist. I normally hike up the creek basin up to the Horse Shoe. Bear, Rattle Snakes during summer time. Lots of little hidden gems throughout the area. I love this area!

Great waterfall but city folk trash the place and do not pick up after themselves. Got stuck on this hike when I was 10 years old, before all the safety signs and handrail.

really pretty here, my friend got proposed at the very top near the waterfall! Full of great memories and an amazing view, I recommend climbing all the way to the top if you could by climbing over all the big boulders. Its a challenge but its worth iy

Short hike, but beautiful and fun.

Beautiful and big falls. Easy hike although a bit rocky at times. If it's spring time, I bet you'll need water shoes to cross the big creek.

More of a walk than a hike, but a really pretty waterfall. We had a great little picnic and the kids had fun playing in the water.

It was beautiful!!