Big Bend Loop

Big Bend Loop is a 4.8 mile loop trail located near Laguna Beach, California and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from November until May.

There is a $3.00 parking fee.

Thought the view would be a bit greener but granted it is middle of July. The steep incline starts immediately. Not impossible but it does go on for the first hour or so, so take your time! Def bring water and Gatorade. It was only 80 degrees when I went and I still felt like I was burning up!

Good hike. But it is really challenging and you hike straight up for at least 45 minutes. It should be put on the hard difficulty.

Big Bend Loop starts off with about 100 yds of "this is nice" and then it goes up. Most of the climbing on this loop trail is at the beginning. If you're a beginner, like me, it is a challenge. Just rest often and take your time. There is plenty to look at because the scenery is great. As you get to the top of the first climb you can see the Pacific. Once at the top you get sweeping vistas of canyons, hills and the ocean. Worth the climb. I was there in late June and it was hot. Bring plenty of water. The trails are well maintained and the park staff that I met were great. Saw hawks, lizards, birds, bees and lots of flowers. I plan to return to do other trails. I recommend this park!