Big Bend Laguna Ridge Loop

Big Bend Laguna Ridge Loop is a 3.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Laguna Beach, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is best used from November until May.

Distance: 3.9 miles Elevation Gain: 974 feet Route Type: Loop

$3 parking fee. Some mildly technical parts, but mostly fine. Great views of Laguna Canyon. Going in late April / early May and the yellow mustard will grow taller than you in some sections.

this hike was a lot of fun and rigorous! its basically straight up in the beginning so that was challenging. walking along the trail at the top is easy and the views are great. on the way down, it was a tiny single person trail that was extremely rocky and steep, but a fun climb back down.

Friday, May 18, 2018

We took a Lyft to the Big Bend trail head. There are printed maps to take as well as clear markings along the trails. We did the Big Bend to Bommer Ridge to Laguna Beach Bowl to finish right back in town (90 minutes). It was pretty much straight up in the beginning and then along the Ridge with ocean and canyon views for the middle of the hike which was beautiful scenery and then steep decline (quad burn) down to exit right by the Pageant of the Masters. We would definitely do the one way hike again.

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

So this was my first official hike.. it was great but i got a little confused and ended up doing the hike backwards which meant I was hiking straight elevation.. i did get fatigued and eventually called it a day once we made the climb up but it was a lot of fun and I couldnt wait for my next hike.. unfortunately the mountainside was affected by a wildfire so it wasnt very lush and pretty but the views were amazing. I want to come back and do it again.

Saturday, July 08, 2017

A fun trail. The first part is pretty darn steep, as is the descent. No shade, so go early if it's hot.

Monday, April 24, 2017

My group accidentally did this loop rather than the Big Bend loop -- was still fun, and considering we had kiddos in carriers, probably better to have done a slightly shorter loop. Beautiful views out to the water and a nice cool ocean breeze. Some parts were a bit more technical than we would've liked, but we did it ok. I'd recommend it.