Big Bald Trail is a 1.0 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Berry Creek, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 1.0 km Elevation Gain: 34 m Route Type: Out & Back

While the views from the top of the trail are great, the hike itself is easier than easy and not much of a hike at all. Would not do this trail again just because of how short it is. Live and learn right? Bring mosquito repellent.

Wouldn’t really call this a “hike”. From parking area to the boulders it’s about 5 minutes of walking through the forest. Then actually climbing around the giant rocks is super fun and pretty scenic. We went around 9:30am and only saw two other groups but by the time we were done (10am) the little parking area was packed and then some. All in all nice little visit but as I mentioned before it took all of 30 minutes to walk there, explore, and walk back.

This is one of the easiest trails, if not the easiest I’ve been too before. HOWEVER, the views are gorgeous. It’s definitely worth the visit.

Super short, easy "hike"! We spent about an hour and a half walking around exploring :). We went at 6 AM on a Sunday and we didn't see anyone there the whole time. We did see some trash and graffiti - please pick up your garbage!

Short easy hike with great views. I good hike for children as there isnt really any sheer drop offs.

Sun May 12 2019

We loved this “trail!” Clear path through the wooded area and then open rocks to explore. Easy to get lost since all the rocks look the same. Dogs loved rock jumping. Super windy! (4/6/2019)

Sun Mar 31 2019

Beautiful view, rocky and kind of steep climb on some places but if you look around you can normally find somewhere that is less steep. Windy road to get here but worth it!! Could bring a picnic and towel to sit and stay for a bit. Some Shade can be found behind the large rocks out there!! NEAT-ure!!!

Mon Jan 28 2019

Gorgeous hike. If you follow the directions on here it’s a wonderful little hike. Just be careful because if you stray from the path it is incredibly easy to get lost!

Sat Oct 13 2018

always amazing here.

Fri Oct 05 2018

Amazing views and geology. Hike would be even better when creek is flowing. We could have wandered around the magnificent rock formations for hours. The trail is very well defined getting to the huge rock outcropping but disappears completely...only occasional painted arrows. I was glad to have my friendly blue dot from AllTrails showing me how to find the trail to get back. We were only hikers on 4 Oct...bit creepy with bullet holes in trash cans and booze bottle litter at trailhead bathrooms. The trail is easy but moderate IF you choose to climb/explore.

Fri Jul 13 2018

went out there this morning on 6/22/18. it was a very nice morning as there was a bit of a haze and not too hot. I was the only one there at 9am and it was very peaceful. It is very easy to get to the trailhead but if you're using google maps, it will take you a few feet further before telling you that you have arrived. if you pass the sign that says "big bald rock trail" just u-turn and you will see the gravel entrance where the sign in. as far as going up, the trail is well marked until you start getting to the more rocky areas. there are orange tags on the trees to help guide you back and just remember landmarks to remind you of where to go. other than that, it was easy and quick to get to the top and a beautiful view.

Sun Jun 10 2018

absolutely amazing

Mon May 28 2018

Beautiful views.

Tue Dec 05 2017

Great trail for all levels and ages! Easy hike with a beautiful view, a bit windy windy at this time of year

Sat Jun 24 2017

Easy to find, good parking, short hiking trail, overall it was a good hike

Wed May 03 2017

I have visited Bald Rock twice now and plan to go back many more times. I just love this place. It's an easy hike with amazing views. I love that it is both kid and dog friendly. My kids had a blast exploring and climbing up the rocks. We packed a lunch and had a picnic up there. It's truly a spectacular, majestic place. If you have not yet visited I highly recommend that you do. It's defiantly worth the trip out there. I love it!!

Sun Apr 16 2017

my wife and i went today and it was simply beautiful. beautiful day to be on top of the rock. we climbed to the top hung our feet off the edge and ate lunch while overlooking the forest below. hawks flying directly in front of us made for the perfect setting for a picnic in the sky. if you haven't been to this place yet GO GO GO GO! you wont be disappointed. easy trails. plenty of room for kids to play and pets. just be safe on the drive up. the roads get very narrow with alot of turns!..be safe take your family and enjoy the beauty this place has to offer...and please...clean up after yourselfs. " you pack it in...you pack it out"..dont ruin it for the rest of us....be safe! Jim & Crystal Martin

Mon Feb 20 2017

Not much of a hike but the view was beautiful.

Thu Jul 14 2016

I love this little hike..I have been several times with my kids & family & dog..it is very beautiful..depending on the time of year..it can be very hot.

Thu Apr 28 2016

Saw this on AllTrails and thought it would be a great place to see a beautiful sunset. Drove up one evening with my daughter and made the short hike up. Much better in person than seeing it in pictures. Was able to explore a bit and catch most of the sunset before having to head back to the car before it got dark. Will definitely come back leaving more time to picnic and hike around the rocks

Fri Mar 18 2016

Short hike to beautiful views of the valley. Lots of boulders to explore. Great for kids, picnic, or just relaxing outdoors.

Wed Aug 27 2014

Short hike but decent would be a great place to take the kids for some fun and adults there's good bolder in in a couple places and good views

Thu Apr 25 2019