Bertha Peak Trail

Bertha Peak Trail is a 7.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Big Bear City, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and off road driving and is best used from March until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

off road driving

Nice.

Nice hike beautiful scenery but look out for the mountain bikes. We were nearly taken out by a group coming around the bend at top speed

not a bad hike overall. 7 miles in and out. trail is dusty and somewhat rocky through certain areas. the last section is the steepest and most rocky. when we got near the peak, there were a crew of tree trimmers around the power station. so we weren't able to see the absolute top of the peak. kinda of a bummer.

The peak has generators and power lines on top and the last .08 miles is very steep and dusty. The view is just as good from the top of Cougar Crest Trail. Had I known, I would have skipped the last bit up the PCT and on to Bertha Peak.

Hiked up to the peak with my boyfriend on Sunday morning. Hard for me, but made it to the top. Nice views, resting spots.