Berdoo Canyon

Berdoo Canyon is a 20.9 mile point-to-point trail located near Desert Center, California and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for scenic driving and off road driving and is best used from November until March.

Point to Point

scenic driving

off road driving

Great trail for beginner to intermediate. Drove 2018 Raptor. Started on North entrance (Geology Tour Rd). First half is just dirt road, which has a lot of washboard sections. But then it gets interesting and the Raptor’s capabilities came into play. Nothing that the truck couldn’t handle with ease even if it caused me to sweat. Make sure to take a spotter as wheel placement is key and the trail gets narrow. There are plenty of little side tracks to test out your skills including a few sand hills that are pretty intense.

First off road adventure - novice four wheeler. Entered from Geology Tour Trail. plenty of time to get u sedan to the feel of 4 wheel drive before encountering the "moderate section"

We were in a jeep Wrangler Rubicon. high clearance is definitely recommended. Needed to spot the road ahead twice - mostly because of inexperience. Narrow areas, some rock hopping through the narrow wash down to Dillon Road.
Had a great time

Great easy ride only one spot that is tight with rocks.

off road driving

A very easy and pleasant enough way to/from Joshua Tree and Indio (and beyond).
Due to being close to Joshua Tree it's mostly weekend/amateur off-road drivers.

off road driving

Loved this one too- such interesting plants along the way! Even the rocks change from rounded and HUGE, to craggy and sharp, back to rounded... Started in Indio off Dillion Road and ended up at Pappy & Harriets! We did stop to eat lunch at a pull off near big rounded rocks- be careful of the bees! They were plentiful and very curious.

off road driving

Super fun, but know your stuff if you plan to drive this. I personally, did not know much about off-roading, and we were caught on an incline throwing rocks and loosing air in one tire. Thankfully a small adjustment freed us from the rut and after throwing in a spare tire the only road ahead for us was the easy sandy roads of Geology Tour Rd. Personally, I would skip the off-roading and just cruise Geology Tour, make a pit stop to hike Pushwalla. That’s just me though, I’d rather not be stuck in a car.

Super fun trail I did it it my Tacoma only one section I needed to use my 4x4

You need 4 wheel drive to do whole route. Includes easy dirt road, sand, and rocks. Along the way you'll find a stranded Hyundai that didn't heed the 4 wheel drive warnings.

Monday, March 27, 2017