Benstein and Cataract Loop Trail

Benstein and Cataract Loop Trail is a 3.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Mill Valley, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Compared to hikes around, this wasn’t as pretty. Not many views although the woods were pretty. I’m assuming that this time of the year made the creeks dry since we say very little water. I’d stick to other hikes rather than coming back to this one. With that said, I still had a good time with my friend and got my blood flowing. The drive up was nice and there were great places to stop along the road to see gorgeous views of SF. Also, a plus was easy parking right at the trail head and no parking fee.

Awesome trail, very green

Beautiful trail through what felt like an ancient forest - old craggily trees covered in moss. Varied route with meadows, views and forest. Would recommend it. Good for kids too

Monday, November 07, 2016

Great dog friendly loop! This took us about an hour and a half to two hours at a leisurely pace. Lots of changing scenery and almost deserted. Really nice drive up there as well with beautiful vista points.