Bell Mountain

Bell Mountain is a 1.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Apple Valley, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice short hike in the High Desert. It's a challenge, but the awesome views at the top are worth it!

Very easy

Great views. Slippery. Have no idea how people bring kids and dogs. Slid down parts of the trail.

its a fun inclined, but during summer it can get very hot. go early or later in the day. it can get a tad hard going up without the proper shoewear.
the fun part is running down hill halfway the down the mountain.

Great Hike. Best to tackle this hike early morning to beat the heat. Watch for snakes.

Good for the whole family, our kids have been going up since they were two.
Slippery in places, and watch for rattlesnakes

3.5? Good workout with steep incline. There were a few slippery/loose rocks and gravel spots. Be careful where you step. Although there were parts of the trail that weren't clearly "marked," you can easily get back on track. I'd rate this as somewhere between easy and moderate vs hard. It was very windy when we went but it kept us cool. Bring water, sunscreen since there's no covering the whole way.

question, is there an actual trail? i started climbing up the wash until i smelt skunk

this was a good workout. I did lose the trail a couple times because you have to go over a few clusters of rocks. I wore my baby hiking pack and carried my toddler. so 40lb pack made it up to the flag in about 45 minutes. it was quite the workout. although if you aren't experienced or have good balance I don't suggest doing what I did because I felt it could be quite dangerous if you fell especially the way down. I wouldn't rate this as hard for me though maybe moderate.

I had a really great time i went up and down in about 2 hours and i was taking my time but it was really enjoyable. I didn't take the trail which made it a little harder but more enjoyable if you ask me. Would definitely recommend but have the right shoes because it gets semi steep and the rocks move a lot so u really need to be careful

Hiked Bell Mountain today with my husband and 3 sons (11, 9 & 6) Finding the start of the trail was a little sketchy, but once there it was fairly easy to navigate our way up.

(from dale evans, heading from the freeway and toward AV) you want to pass the distribution center and as you pass the Van Lines Atlas building (on the left), there is a white sign talking about illegal dumping on the right and that is where you turn in (right turn). Follow that road up and around the big open dirt area and just passed that youll see the place to park ans trailhead slightly to the left. Hope this helps someone because it sure would have been nice to know myself, lol.

You definitely want good tread on your shoes, to not be holding a water bottle and hold on to your hats as you get closer to the top.

Always a great hike, was windy today which added an challenge...but made it in half the time compared to the first time up this trail. Views are always amazing!! Large dog friendly, older kids like 10+ would enjoy this hike, use caution when the weather is warming up lots of good hiding places for critters.

Made it to the flag in an hour by myself.
I've tried to take my dog's multiple times, but always had to turn back. In my opinion, it gets steep, and not maintained well enough for my pups.

geocaching

Hiked up the steeper side in around 30 min. Enjoyed the views and solitude. Grabbed the TC virtual on top.

My husky pulled me up the mountain and she loved the exercise, wish it was a little better maintained but followed the path fairly easy.