Bell Mountain is a 1.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Apple Valley, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice short hike in the High Desert. It's a challenge, but the awesome views at the top are worth it!

This is a weekly hike for me and my two dogs. Sometimes a late afternoon or early evening during the week or an early weekend morning. Good elevation gains. Wonderful view at the top.

Good incline for 20-30 minutes. Great views. Someone has changed tithe flag! A big THANK YOU to whomever switch it!

If anyone goes up there, the flag is getting pretty beat up and needs to be replaced. Someone bring a new flag to replace the old one. I won’t be able to go back for a while.

Great hike for a sunset and sunrise. Bring lights if you think it will get dark. Bring water if it’s hot. One of my local favorites!

I thought this hike was going to be hard but it really wasn’t and I enjoyed it! Make sure you have a good pair of shoes and around this time wear something warm because once you get to the top it’s cold and windy.

Great trail.

I love this trail. It is Challengingenough for a quick workout in the morning. In the summer go early before it gets too hot. Make sure you are wearing hiking shoes. And recommend gloves to protect your hands in the event that you slip coming down.

Great hike to take your dog on I had more trouble on the way down than the way up due to the shoes I wore. I would definitely do it again though. Trail was surprisingly clean as well.

As many have said, it is a nice trail. Have made this hike a few times, and it looks like people are starting to not take their trash with them.
Also a new inhabitant that I haven't seen here before has emerged, the Chuckwalla. Those are some big solid lizards but very docile and don't bother you. As well as a few Tarantula Wasps.

This is a great trail for getting in a fast hike before work. It has a couple challenging, steeper spots but is overall pretty moderate and is a fun hike to time and improve on.

I was surprised because there was good little views and since I love photography i brought my camera right along as well as my dad and my 2 dogs. I loved it, it was amazing and a good workout! Im only giving it a 4 star because they need to have a sign that all dogs need to be “on leash” as we saw that it was sprinkling we decided to head back as we were heading back people came with two very excited dogs. They weren’t well behaved either because they were barking at our dogs when we were at the top and they were still reaching the trail. I was a little upset because one of my dogs is a little dog aggressive, and my other dog is 14 yrs old and I didn’t know if those dogs can just run up to our dogs and attack them or not because they were way ahead of their owners where they couldn’t see them. So we decided to try to go off the trail and get down the mountain another way. I was very upset because they weren’t considerate to others. Please if you bring dogs BE CONSIDERATE TO OTHERS!

Had such a nice hike with my wife Norma! What a nice way to spend this beautiful Sunday afternoon, and eat a picnic lunch with a great view.

It’s a great little trail to do for a nice little workout

Fun. Great views. Hiking shoes and gloves help with sometimes slippery and other times rocky terrain. 2-3 hours.

Great way to get out of the house if you live in the desert

I love this hike

New to the area and this was a cool find! yes it is slippery in spots and the entrance is alittle difficult to find but defiantly if your in the area its a nice trail. We did it with me, my husband, our 15 year old, and our 4 year old.

I rated this a 5 soley on the fact that my 4 year old daughter completed this mountain freestyle. We did not take the friendly trail. Went through the steepest parts of the trail and made it happen. Obviously we did not go down the same way that would be suicide but definitely would do it agan. My wife and oldest daughter did this hike as well.

Pleasant local hike with wonderful views from the peak. Met several very nice families on the way up and at the peak. There are many false trails; therefore, I followed about 25 of them on the way up. I turned on tracking on the way down, which will help me stay on track next time. Anyone interested in doing some volunteer work to block the false trails or mark the primary one better? Encouraging one consistent route will cause the route to improve from use over time.

Thursday, October 19, 2017

We hike the hill often with my Fire crew for training since its just down the street we do it for time in full gear. Fastest time I have up is 20:30mins with about a 35lbs pack.

Watch for snakes and loose rocks the footing gets pretty precarious in some spots just try to stick to the trail and you'll be fine!

Saturday, October 07, 2017

Very easy

Saturday, September 02, 2017

Great views. Slippery. Have no idea how people bring kids and dogs. Slid down parts of the trail.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

its a fun inclined, but during summer it can get very hot. go early or later in the day. it can get a tad hard going up without the proper shoewear.
the fun part is running down hill halfway the down the mountain.

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Great Hike. Best to tackle this hike early morning to beat the heat. Watch for snakes.

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Good for the whole family, our kids have been going up since they were two.
Slippery in places, and watch for rattlesnakes

Sunday, June 11, 2017

3.5? Good workout with steep incline. There were a few slippery/loose rocks and gravel spots. Be careful where you step. Although there were parts of the trail that weren't clearly "marked," you can easily get back on track. I'd rate this as somewhere between easy and moderate vs hard. It was very windy when we went but it kept us cool. Bring water, sunscreen since there's no covering the whole way.

Thursday, April 27, 2017

question, is there an actual trail? i started climbing up the wash until i smelt skunk

Thursday, April 20, 2017

this was a good workout. I did lose the trail a couple times because you have to go over a few clusters of rocks. I wore my baby hiking pack and carried my toddler. so 40lb pack made it up to the flag in about 45 minutes. it was quite the workout. although if you aren't experienced or have good balance I don't suggest doing what I did because I felt it could be quite dangerous if you fell especially the way down. I wouldn't rate this as hard for me though maybe moderate.

Monday, March 27, 2017

I had a really great time i went up and down in about 2 hours and i was taking my time but it was really enjoyable. I didn't take the trail which made it a little harder but more enjoyable if you ask me. Would definitely recommend but have the right shoes because it gets semi steep and the rocks move a lot so u really need to be careful

Sunday, March 05, 2017

Hiked Bell Mountain today with my husband and 3 sons (11, 9 & 6) Finding the start of the trail was a little sketchy, but once there it was fairly easy to navigate our way up.

(from dale evans, heading from the freeway and toward AV) you want to pass the distribution center and as you pass the Van Lines Atlas building (on the left), there is a white sign talking about illegal dumping on the right and that is where you turn in (right turn). Follow that road up and around the big open dirt area and just passed that youll see the place to park ans trailhead slightly to the left. Hope this helps someone because it sure would have been nice to know myself, lol.

You definitely want good tread on your shoes, to not be holding a water bottle and hold on to your hats as you get closer to the top.