Bell Mountain

Bell Mountain is a 1.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Apple Valley, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice short hike in the High Desert. It's a challenge, but the awesome views at the top are worth it!

It’s a great little trail to do for a nice little workout

Fun. Great views. Hiking shoes and gloves help with sometimes slippery and other times rocky terrain. 2-3 hours.

Great way to get out of the house if you live in the desert

I love this hike

New to the area and this was a cool find! yes it is slippery in spots and the entrance is alittle difficult to find but defiantly if your in the area its a nice trail. We did it with me, my husband, our 15 year old, and our 4 year old.

I rated this a 5 soley on the fact that my 4 year old daughter completed this mountain freestyle. We did not take the friendly trail. Went through the steepest parts of the trail and made it happen. Obviously we did not go down the same way that would be suicide but definitely would do it agan. My wife and oldest daughter did this hike as well.

Pleasant local hike with wonderful views from the peak. Met several very nice families on the way up and at the peak. There are many false trails; therefore, I followed about 25 of them on the way up. I turned on tracking on the way down, which will help me stay on track next time. Anyone interested in doing some volunteer work to block the false trails or mark the primary one better? Encouraging one consistent route will cause the route to improve from use over time.

mn mnq wazoo I n

mn mn

mn mnq

mn

We hike the hill often with my Fire crew for training since its just down the street we do it for time in full gear. Fastest time I have up is 20:30mins with about a 35lbs pack.

Watch for snakes and loose rocks the footing gets pretty precarious in some spots just try to stick to the trail and you'll be fine!

Very easy

Great views. Slippery. Have no idea how people bring kids and dogs. Slid down parts of the trail.

its a fun inclined, but during summer it can get very hot. go early or later in the day. it can get a tad hard going up without the proper shoewear.
the fun part is running down hill halfway the down the mountain.

Great Hike. Best to tackle this hike early morning to beat the heat. Watch for snakes.

Good for the whole family, our kids have been going up since they were two.
Slippery in places, and watch for rattlesnakes

3.5? Good workout with steep incline. There were a few slippery/loose rocks and gravel spots. Be careful where you step. Although there were parts of the trail that weren't clearly "marked," you can easily get back on track. I'd rate this as somewhere between easy and moderate vs hard. It was very windy when we went but it kept us cool. Bring water, sunscreen since there's no covering the whole way.

question, is there an actual trail? i started climbing up the wash until i smelt skunk