Bell Mountain

Bell Mountain is a 1.2 mile out and back trail located near Apple Valley, California that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice short hike in the High Desert. It's a challenge, but the awesome views at the top are worth it!

Hiked Bell Mountain today with my husband and 3 sons (11, 9 & 6) Finding the start of the trail was a little sketchy, but once there it was fairly easy to navigate our way up.

(from dale evans, heading from the freeway and toward AV) you want to pass the distribution center and as you pass the Van Lines Atlas building (on the left), there is a white sign talking about illegal dumping on the right and that is where you turn in (right turn). Follow that road up and around the big open dirt area and just passed that youll see the place to park ans trailhead slightly to the left. Hope this helps someone because it sure would have been nice to know myself, lol.

You definitely want good tread on your shoes, to not be holding a water bottle and hold on to your hats as you get closer to the top.

Always a great hike, was windy today which added an challenge...but made it in half the time compared to the first time up this trail. Views are always amazing!! Large dog friendly, older kids like 10+ would enjoy this hike, use caution when the weather is warming up lots of good hiding places for critters.

Made it to the flag in an hour by myself.
I've tried to take my dog's multiple times, but always had to turn back. In my opinion, it gets steep, and not maintained well enough for my pups.

geocaching

Hiked up the steeper side in around 30 min. Enjoyed the views and solitude. Grabbed the TC virtual on top.

My husky pulled me up the mountain and she loved the exercise, wish it was a little better maintained but followed the path fairly easy.

NOT dog friendly. Had to turn around but I'll probably go back by myself. Trail ends about half way and you have to kind of find your own way to the flag at the top.
Three stars because it's not well maintained at all.

Not bad!!!had to turn back lost the trail for the dog!!!! would probably continue by my self!!

short but tough.

Nice hike close to home. I was packing 40 pounds and the hike was not all that bad. It was short and the trail was for the most part easy to follow. Started at sunrise Sunday morning and seen a total of 4 people on the trail.

Nice trail....not too hard to stay on path. A little hard to find if not from the area. Bring water to enjoy the view from up top. Parking is on the dirt pathway before the trail. Will definitely come back to visit.

Nice short trail to the top of Bell Mountain. Pretty well marked and not difficult, but try to do it when it isn't so windy. Views at the top are great!

For a novice hiker this actually wasn't too bad for me!!! Highly recommended