Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Belgum, San Pablo Ridge, Mezue and Wildcat Creek Loop

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(61)
Wildcat Canyon Regional Park

Belgum, San Pablo Ridge, Mezue and Wildcat Creek Loop is a 5.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Richmond, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and running. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 5.7 miles Elevation Gain: 1,568 feet Route Type: Loop

partially paved

Great trail steep good for basketball players who want to train lunges and jump higher

I’ve done this trail about 4 times already. My friends I’ve nearby so we walked to the beginning of the trail. It has some amazing views of the bay. You can see Sam Francisco and it’s bridges from the hills

Super windy!!! We walked counter clockwise, but I’m thinking it would be better to go clockwise. Some of the downhills could be challenging for those with knee or ankle problems.

I would love to do this trail again when the rolling hills are green instead of brown. Be prepared for no shade for much of the hike. Trail is dirt road in good repair...no switchbacks to speak of but the grade only got really steep in a couple of places and didn't last too long. Great views 360!

I’d recommend this trail! The first half is tasking with killer views, the second half is okay. Took me about 2.5 hours but i was stopping frequently.

Came here for view - well worth it despite clouds. This was hard!

Beautiful meadowy trail. Saw a rattle snake and when the fog rolled in, wind picked up enough to blow off my hat (so hold on to your hats!). We took a left at the first split off and took the uphills in the beginning of the hike. Decent climb in some parts but not terrible- views definitely make up for it. Well maintained gravel trail throughout the meadow with paved roads in some parts.

Sat May 25 2019

We took a little detour by walking up the unmarked trailhead at the front of the parking lot as opposed to walking to the very end. Added about .5 mile or so. Lots of hills, great views, San Pablo ridge was killer!! Little to no shade - bring sun screen...I GOT SUNBURNED!

Sun Mar 31 2019

The San Pablo Ridge is beautiful and challenging, but the mezue and wildcat loop part were just okay. The last mile is concrete. We did see a coyote and the cows were super cute and friendly though! Next time we will just turn around at the mezue junction instead of doing the whole loop

Mon Feb 25 2019

Great experience with cows~ a little windy

Mon Jan 21 2019

Nice stroll with good view of the bay area

Sat Dec 08 2018

Great views, but not much shade, better hike for slightly chilly day

Mon Oct 29 2018

saw 2 coyotes, mostly in the sun, lots of hills

Sat Jul 07 2018

Dramatic views; and some good, steep, little inclines. Made it without too many skids, even tho it was pretty dry. Tho I have to say, paved Wildcat Creek Trail is an anti-climactic ending. An otherwise great hike.

Sun May 27 2018

Awesome views with Panoramic look into the bay.