Bee Canyon Truck OHV Trail [CLOSED]

Bee Canyon Truck OHV Trail [CLOSED] is a 15.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Hemet, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for bird watching and off road driving and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 15.5 miles Elevation Gain: 2,657 feet Route Type: Out & Back

ohv / off road driving

closed

Note: As of June 2019, Highway 74 is still closed leading to the trailhead. For more information, please see https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/sbnf/recarea/?recid=34156

closed

Still closed, I went today.

closed

Trail currently still closed. Will try again late next month/early July.

closed

didn't get to try. was closed on both ends of 74.

off road driving

I really liked the trails, took my 2015 Jeep rubicon, took it all the way to the flowing creek, but be aware that there are large boulders/rocks that are in the middle so you have to hug the side of the hills, large cracks that bottom out if your vehicle is not at a decent height, we shared the road with ATV,UTV. So be patient and mindful of your surroundings

closed

Police and statewide are on the 74. Won’t let anyone in, 74 is being worked on and the trail is closed until the 74 is opened up.

off road driving

Altogether a beautiful trail. I took my 2017 Jeep Cherokee Latitude with 29" tires through here and then onto the San Jacinto truck trail all in 2wd with no problem whatsoever. The sights were amazing. Came across a few other trucks going the opposite way, but it isn't a problem as long as you're paying attention to your speed.

Monday, August 20, 2018

It’s really easy the first miles you can do it with any car. After you see a sign and another route if you go right it gets moderate, you don’t need 4x4 but you should have a lifted truck because there’s a lot of rocks and holes, the view is really good. I took my Range Rover and I had a good time.

Monday, August 20, 2018

good trail for beginner mtb riders its about 7 mile up hill climb before you catch a glimps of some shade to cool off in take but all in all i would go back again

Thursday, April 26, 2018

Awesome trail it's pretty cool and simple the best area is the creek site which is pretty nice and relaxing especially if you go midweek like we did you can set up your chairs and enjoy a cold refreshment.

Friday, January 05, 2018

pretty decent trail, not really difficult I pretty much did it in 2wd the whole time in my 4runner just take some parts slow and you'll be fine...does take you to mt. San jacinto just stay on mt. San jacinto truck trail and you'll end up at the top. overall nice scenery just wish it was a little challenging but it's good..just becareful turning those corners alot of bikers and quads so don't go to fast around the corners. and remember to not liter that's how our roads get shut down guys.

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

This is a very nice trail with beautiful scenery views and a water crossing. This trail will take you up to Idyllwild which is a great little town to have lunch and visit the local shops. Please don’t liter and help keep these trails clean for everyone’s enjoyment.

Saturday, September 16, 2017

I only planned on taking my 2015 Forester XT up the bee canyon road off highway 74. I never saw the sign that said "bee canyon truck trail" I just noticed that the road got a little rougher and over 10 miles later the road turned into mount jacinto truck trail. Oh well, I drove the stock Forester XT (well, with 28.5" A/T's) all the way to Idyylwyld. I made it up with no damage, but I feel like there were some close calls. I can vouch that the boulder that is on the mountain side of the road only allows for about 6 feet of width. Full size trucks beware. That boulder is 3-4 feet tall. In the middle of the trail is this beautiful water crossing. As you climb higher in the mount Jacinto area, the trail becomes shaded, greener and more lush in forest. Trail ends in idyylwyld. Beautiful way to way to end the drive.

Monday, June 05, 2017

Monday, May 22, 2017

It was my first off road with the Big Armada 4x4. Approached a boulder on the side of the road so I decided not to continue. Overall nice drive. Made for a smaller 4x4. Big Utes be advised

Sunday, February 19, 2017

it was a great trail for the scene and for pictures. it does take all day do plan accordingly if your up for the full trail.

Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Great place had a blast. I rode my Polaris RzR tore them trails up boy. It's about a 16 mile trial but some awesome views.

Monday, November 07, 2011

Cool Target shooting range here.

Monday, July 16, 2018