Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Bee Canyon Truck OHV Trail is a 15.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Hemet, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for bird watching and ohv/off road driving and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 15.5 miles Elevation Gain: 2,657 feet Route Type: Out & Back

ohv / off road driving

Note: As of June 2019, Highway 74 is still closed leading to the trailhead. For more information, please see https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/sbnf/recarea/?recid=34156

ohv/off road driving

Bee Canyon Truck Trail is OPEN as of May 22, 2020. Water is running plenty crossing the tail in 2 spots. Was very fun and shady under the trees.

ohv/off road driving

did the trail on a stock jku. if you plan on doing the trail there are 2 points where you do need a okay of a clearance. Used my 4x4 twice. traffic was little to none. nice views after the half way point. there is very little water in the 2 creeks.

bee canyon is now open as of 1/9/20 going to try it out this weekend

open 1/9/2020

Very isolated trail. If you are hiking make sure you go with a group and take some pepper spray or something for safety, it was a good workout.

closed

Still closed, I went today.

Mon May 27 2019

Trail currently still closed. Will try again late next month/early July.

Sun May 19 2019

didn't get to try. was closed on both ends of 74.

Sun Apr 21 2019

I really liked the trails, took my 2015 Jeep rubicon, took it all the way to the flowing creek, but be aware that there are large boulders/rocks that are in the middle so you have to hug the side of the hills, large cracks that bottom out if your vehicle is not at a decent height, we shared the road with ATV,UTV. So be patient and mindful of your surroundings

Thu Apr 18 2019

Police and statewide are on the 74. Won’t let anyone in, 74 is being worked on and the trail is closed until the 74 is opened up.

Tue Nov 06 2018

Altogether a beautiful trail. I took my 2017 Jeep Cherokee Latitude with 29" tires through here and then onto the San Jacinto truck trail all in 2wd with no problem whatsoever. The sights were amazing. Came across a few other trucks going the opposite way, but it isn't a problem as long as you're paying attention to your speed.

Mon Aug 20 2018

It’s really easy the first miles you can do it with any car. After you see a sign and another route if you go right it gets moderate, you don’t need 4x4 but you should have a lifted truck because there’s a lot of rocks and holes, the view is really good. I took my Range Rover and I had a good time.

Mon Aug 20 2018

good trail for beginner mtb riders its about 7 mile up hill climb before you catch a glimps of some shade to cool off in take but all in all i would go back again

Thu Apr 26 2018

Awesome trail it's pretty cool and simple the best area is the creek site which is pretty nice and relaxing especially if you go midweek like we did you can set up your chairs and enjoy a cold refreshment.

Fri Jan 05 2018

pretty decent trail, not really difficult I pretty much did it in 2wd the whole time in my 4runner just take some parts slow and you'll be fine...does take you to mt. San jacinto just stay on mt. San jacinto truck trail and you'll end up at the top. overall nice scenery just wish it was a little challenging but it's good..just becareful turning those corners alot of bikers and quads so don't go to fast around the corners. and remember to not liter that's how our roads get shut down guys.

Tue Dec 26 2017

This is a very nice trail with beautiful scenery views and a water crossing. This trail will take you up to Idyllwild which is a great little town to have lunch and visit the local shops. Please don’t liter and help keep these trails clean for everyone’s enjoyment.

Sat Sep 16 2017

I only planned on taking my 2015 Forester XT up the bee canyon road off highway 74. I never saw the sign that said "bee canyon truck trail" I just noticed that the road got a little rougher and over 10 miles later the road turned into mount jacinto truck trail. Oh well, I drove the stock Forester XT (well, with 28.5" A/T's) all the way to Idyylwyld. I made it up with no damage, but I feel like there were some close calls. I can vouch that the boulder that is on the mountain side of the road only allows for about 6 feet of width. Full size trucks beware. That boulder is 3-4 feet tall. In the middle of the trail is this beautiful water crossing. As you climb higher in the mount Jacinto area, the trail becomes shaded, greener and more lush in forest. Trail ends in idyylwyld. Beautiful way to way to end the drive.

Mon Jun 05 2017

Mon May 22 2017

It was my first off road with the Big Armada 4x4. Approached a boulder on the side of the road so I decided not to continue. Overall nice drive. Made for a smaller 4x4. Big Utes be advised

Sun Feb 19 2017

it was a great trail for the scene and for pictures. it does take all day do plan accordingly if your up for the full trail.

Wed Jul 01 2015

Great place had a blast. I rode my Polaris RzR tore them trails up boy. It's about a 16 mile trial but some awesome views.

Mon Nov 07 2011

Cool Target shooting range here.

Sun Dec 30 2018