Flag Hill

Flag Hill is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Beaumont, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

this was a good hike, my legs were definitely burning, but it is private property (didn't know that) so the cops came and told us we had to leave, luckily we were heading down already. needless to say we won't be doing this hike again.

Really cool great work out for legs pay attention to trial you went on could forget trail easily :)

I did this hike and got terrible poison ivy I had to take steroid to get rid of it worst experience ever actually has prevented me from hiking again would not recommend it at all

great options here to take the easier trail the long way around, or a harder hike straight up to the top. lots of great rock formations and narrow trails to explore.

Good, short hike. The trail does get steep at certain parts which may be difficult for some. There is no tree coverage so I wouldn't recommend this hike on a warm or hot day.

Took my time to Familiarize this trail.

Great hike, gets difficult at times. Definitely more challenging than I thought it would be. We had my 18 month old with us and definitely had to carry her once the trail narrows. I Felt like a mountain goat

Rode my mountain bike up here. A little hard at times but worth it. Pretty view.

Fun and challenging for those who don’t hike often. Going to try it with the kids but will turn around at the flag to avoid the more difficult terrain

The trailhead that starts at the no trespassing gate is definitely the best place to start. It is an easy/moderate hike on a nice 15 foot wide maintained dirt road until the double power towers. A sharp right turn by the right tower onto a single wide, non maintained climb turns moderate incline. Once at the flag, the steep downhill to complete the loop quickly becomes difficult. Deep ruts, loose rocks, sand on sandstone, steep drop offs... maybe it was extra challenging because I was carrying my sleeping 2 year old through that. It took about 3 hours with plenty of breaks hauling kids.

This hike was definetly a workout. I hike maybe once a month and exercise never, I'd say this hike is moderate to hard. We parked facing south on Highland Springs and crossed the road towards the no trasspassing signs and went under a red railed gate. We went left at the fork and once you reach the two towers you continue the trail by going towards the right tower, the trail is a sharp, narrow trail at this point. We passed the small edison sign/pipe on the ground and spotted the flag at a distance. Once we reached the flag we went down the wrong path, were it was eroded and very steep, but later found the trail. But the trail was still eroded, steep and slippery. I would recommend turning around and going back down the way you came up if you don't have hiking shoes. I was definetly scooting on my butt a couple times. Other than the sketchy trail downhill it was a great hike with good views. Bring water and a hat! It was 2.7miles from the car and took us 1 hour 30min to complete, but we took a detour and were going at a slow/normal pace (short legs here).

A great adventure! We were looking for the flag the whole time and finally spotted it. Was much smaller than we were expecting. The key to finding the flag trail is taking the initial trail to the left (yes through the no trespassing signs) when you get to the power line, there is a sharp turn to
the right at the bottom of the tower and the trail is no longer a fire road. This is the hair pin turn you see on the trail map. Follow the skinny trail back toward the beginning but you will go up the hill still. Going down the last 1/4 of the way is steep, slippery & rocky but super fun to navigate (sometimes in your butt).

I took the trail to the left, but I never found the flag or the top of the hill. I went a few miles and the path dead ended. It was still nice, but not the hike I was looking for.

Absolutely beautiful. pet friendly. peaceful.

Can someone please tell me how to get to the trail. I went today and there was no trespassing signs all over. I want to go on this trail but don't want a ticket. If someone could kindly email me please f_maria34@hotmail.com

Back road to the top was a nice hike. Coming down the front side was steep initially and gradually became a manageable decline. Lots of fun

Beware of rattle snakes! We never saw any (good thing!) but they made their presence known with their distinctive rattle.

recorded Flag Hill