Bear Valley Trail to Wildcat Camp and Alamere Falls

Bear Valley Trail to Wildcat Camp and Alamere Falls is a 17.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Point Reyes Station, California that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

beach

cave

Hike to the Wildcat Campground from the Bear Valley Visitor Center. Explore the beauty that Point Reyes has to offer. The Palomarin entrance is more popular and thus more crowded, especially on the weekends. Bear Valley side affords more solitude and opportunity for running into wildlife.

04.30.17 Sunday hike!!! Everyone had the same idea today so we were turned away at Alamere Falls for traffic control, but there's another entrance! Enter at Five Brooks, hike about 6 miles (careful there are horses on this trail. It's a road less traveled -only passed one person on the way and 2 groups on horseback). Recommended on a day when it hasn't been raining. The trail had muddy parts even though we had summer weather all week. You'll get to Wildcat campground which has an entrance to a beach. Hike 2 more miles to the left along the beach and you'll reach the base of Alamere falls! If you're taking this way, we highly recommend you bring snacks/food, water (reserve water for the hike back), travel very light and most importantly- wear hiking shoes. Our legs and bodies ached especially on the incline back, but the hiking shoes proved to be well worth the money. Total time 6 hours. This trail was hard for us. We're fit/healthy, but we don't workout or hike. Not 5 stars because there wasn't much to look at during the hike. Good luck!

Great trail, good workout. Way less populated than Palomarin. I think it's closer to 14.5 miles round trip. Love staying at Wildcat camp.

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

The ride was good.

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Saturday, May 14, 2016

It was awesome. It an annual pilgrimage for my family. We especially love hiking to Alamere Falls. It is 1 of only 6 tidefalls in North America. California has 2 of the 6 tidefalls. McWay Falls is the other tidefall and it is in Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park, Big Sur. It is on my list of things to do.

Make your perfect outing even better by eating at Cafe Reyes in Point Reyes Station. The are closed Monday's and Tuesday. I am not an affiliate...my family just really love eating their wood fired pizza's.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

It was beautiful and fun.. love the waterfall at the end and the little Rock climbing. We had soo much fun that we forgot to start walking early, but glad we didn't cause it so much funner when your hiking back in pitch black closet dark at night with no flash light and only 4 percent of phone battery life left :) Kinda scary but super fun.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

I did this this hike with my family a few weeks ago. It's easy and kid friendly. Beautiful views of the ocean.

Sunday, November 08, 2015

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

We did a there and back hike here varying our routes slightly. The total hike was 17.7 miles and it took us roughly 6 hours to complete. I cannot imagine taking a child on this hike. Hiking back up from the ocean after already hiking 9 miles was super strenuous. That being said, the hike is beautiful and completely worth it.

Friday, July 18, 2014

This is by far one of my favorite hikes in the bat area. It's one I always suggest to people. It's not overly difficult and with a waterfall, the ocean and even a lake not far from the trail how can you go wrong. There are even some caves on the beach at the end of this hike. It's a definite must try.

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Took 10 year old son with me. Pretty easy hike, beautiful coastal views, and a waterfall. Expect to see lots of fellow hikers sharing the trail.

Monday, October 08, 2012