Bear Valley Trail To Coastal Trail

Bear Valley Trail To Coastal Trail is a 9.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Point Reyes Station, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until July.

beach

cave

Bear Creek trail and Coastal trail combined. The trail is well marked and easily navigated. The trail is heavily used and has many alternative routes. It can be damp and muddy in the winter. Great for mountain biking. Relatively flat. Well marked trails with trail heads and milage on signs. Busy on the weekend. Light during the week. Pack a lunch and water.

This trail was everything we wanted!! It had lush forest, waterfalls, beaches, hills, and veiws that's can not be captured in one picture. We will definitely be back to do other the other trails.

The trail had a lot of shade which was nice because it was about 80 degrees. The trail was well maintained.

Gorgeous, well maintained trail with lots of shade. I'm not sure why it's rated moderate other than it's a long hike for anyone who is not accustomed to walking miles at a time. It does have elevation changes, but they are gradual. We took our five year old with us and she managed it well, but she is accustomed to walking several miles at a time. It was a bit tough for us on the return because we were all tired, but it's not worth doing if you don't go all the way - it's not until the very end that you see the ocean, and sitting on those cliffs listening to the waves crash is worth the price of admission. There are quite a few water features, including some small (very small) waterfalls and a creek, and it is very green. It was a nice reprieve from the heat of Sacramento.

Completed this trail on 7/21 with my 5 y/o daughter. We completed approximately 10 miles round trip. Very easy. Bathrooms are about at the 2 mile out mark. Make sure to pack water and snacks. The "most difficult" part of the trail is the return near the restrooms on that hill coming back up:only because of being tired at this point. :-) Beautiful scenery.

Absolute favorite hike in the Bay Area! I've done this hike many many times with various friends and family over the 25+ years I've lived here. The trail is gentle, once you hit the coast you feel as if you are on the edge of the world, or at least this part of it.

Beautiful trail , busy on weekends best to go on weekdays

We had a lovely time with this trail and did it all the way through, plus heading down to the Beach Trail about a mile away. It was phenomenal and smelled amazing. We were exhausted afterwards because of the duration, but it wasn't a physically challenging trail to complete

I have done this trail twice now. Once all on foot and a second time with a bike part way. Beautiful scenery. Bring some bug spray, water, some warm clothes (in case it's cooler as you get closer to the coast), and a camera. Plenty to explore once you get to the coast. Do some research on the points of interest, pack your backpack accordingly, and make a day of it!

If you have a bike, you can ride it as far as the Glen Trail junction, but then you have to lock it up and foot the rest of the way.

Great trail for running, at least during the week. Wide and mostly flat. We didn't go the entire distance, but covered a good portion and had a great run. Plan to hit it a few more times while we are here.

Beautiful, lush green easy 8.2 miles!

An easy ten miles up to the coast and back. Some backpackers coming out early on; we just went in for a hike. Lots of people headed to the beach on the way out.. too many for my taste. It's a nice trail but I prefer something a little more rigorous/less crowded. I would only agree with the moderate rating due to the distance. I found it to be an easy hike. Beautiful area, if you're looking for a chill day out you'll have a nice time.

I need a mountain bike. That's all in my mind after hiking this trail.

Compared to other trails that are marked easy, this trail is even easier. I would strongly reconsider classifying this trail as easy. It is flat, straight, and wide. Bear Valley is the most walker friendly trail I've been on in a long time. Great for multi-generational walks and bike rides.

Great walk out and back

Easy beautiful hike

Great little hike. Dozens of different flowers, ferns and moss. The colors and density of the ferns/moss will drive your camera nuts.
Well worth the time for newbies and anybody else.
5 stars for the max beauty and low effort!
At the halfway point we took a right 0.5 mile turn to Kelham Beach then returned to Bear Valley Visitor center.

Arch Trail was still closed when I went so it left something to be desired. Not very challenging.

Great views at the end but didn't find the walk itself anything special. We had older people with us so the mainly flat elevation was good for them however.

Long hike, mostly flat. Would have rather taken a horse. Beautiful views towards the end though. The actual Arch Rock trail is closed. At the branching of the trail hikers are forced to take a different route due to it being closed off. Took about 4/5 hours total.