Bear Lakes and Round Lake Loop Trail

Bear Lakes and Round Lake Loop Trail is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Blairsden-Graeagle, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Plumas County might seem to have only three stoplights, but it has more than its fair share of great lakes to discover. An hour north of Truckee and a world away from the often busy Lake Tahoe traffic, the Lakes Basin is a tranquil escape full of beautiful lakes and great hiking opportunities. We've chosen ten mile loop trail which weaves around some of the prettiest lakes, provides some high ridgeline hiking with excellent vantage points and also links to a detour up the 7,812ft tall Mt. Ewell for those looking for even more challenges. Summer and early fall is the best time for a snow-free experience here in the Plumas National Forest, but this and similar routes can also be tackled on snowshoes as Gold Lake Highway is plowed throughout the winter. We've also provided a link in this guide to road conditions if you need to check winter access for yourself. Elevation Gain: - 2,400ft (from 6,300 - 7,500ft)

Great trail. Amazing sights and wonderful lakes!

Wonderful hike! Beautiful views at every turn. Great for 2 active Border Collies with lots of water to drink and swim in.

Great views and varied terrain. Highly recommend!

OMG. Thanks to nature my family and I had a blast. This was all of our first time hiking. The trails were beautifully maintained and was an amazing place to hike with dogs and kids. We have a large family of 5 and we brought our 2 hyper dogs (off leash) and my 3 young children. The trails were very easily visible to see everyone in our group and it was perfect for the kids and dogs to roam and run. The trail was wide enough and very comfortable for people who are not comfortable with the heights. There were quite a few people and other dogs as well as kids but everyone was extremely friendly and patient when we were slacking and not moving fast enough. In some spots there were a few creeks that you either had to walk through or on rocks to get over but it is extremely safe for everyone. It was gorgeous and absolutely breathtaking. I did add some pictures of the paths and views. There are tons of butterflies and toward the end there were a small family of deer. There were tons of signs so you don't get lost and it gives you many options on where to go. I would highly recommend anyone wanting to do this hike. By the way there were tons of elderly people so my point is, if they can do it so can you. My husband and I are also obese and it was perfect for us too

went the counter-clockwise route and it was so worth it! beautiful hike with places to stop and take in the views. i encountered other people but had most of the hike to myself. definitely recommend this loop if you stay in the area!

Tuesday, September 06, 2016