Bear Gulch Caves and Reservoir Loop Trail

Bear Gulch Caves and Reservoir Loop Trail is a 1.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Paicines, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

rock climbing

cave

Directions from Bear Gulch Visitor Center: Follow Moses Spring Trail southward .6 miles to the caves.

Fun My wife and I made the track, the only thing I got confused on it heading up to the lake the last turn. I am over 6 ft and had to crawl on a few spots. Still fun polls were good to have and water. I came back down the other trail not back through the caves. Fun and breath taking to see. My wife and I are staying at thousand trails so we are about 1/2 hr away. We are going back to explore we were winded but took our time lots of ages up to beyond 70 on the trail cool to see. It seemed like about 5 miles but very close hard to believe when you done.

Originally intended to hike High Peaks once again but it was extremely hot. Bear Gulch caves and reservoir provided refuge from the extreme heat. Little kids can do this short hike.

Beautiful short hike, with a nice water lake at the end. Good if you only have a little bit of time in Pinnacles.

by far one of my favorite trails at Pinnacle National Park! Its great on a hot day because the caves will keep you cool! It does have high traffic since its easy access for all types of hikers. Make sure to bring a flashlight, you'll need it.