Bayview Trail

Bayview Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fremont, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

wheelchair friendly

beach

Gentle climbs, scenic bay views and traces of American Indian heritage await at the west edge of Fremont, California Coyote Hills Regional Park is a great place to introduce a friend to hiking: scenic and steep enough to warm somebody to the idea of nice days walking on dirt. If the modest hills overlooking San Francisco Bay force you to work up a sweat on the way up the Red Hill Trail, you can cool down by walking the wide gravel Bayview Trail along water's edge. Trails on this track: Bayview Trail > Soap Root Trail > Red Hill Trail > Bayview > Lizard Rock Trail > Chochenyo Trail. An enlightening side trip is to the Tuibun Village site east of the marshes near the Visitors Center. The Tuibun Ohlone Indians built a shellmound there 2,000 years ago. If you're feeling really ambitious, take the trail over Highway 84 and check out the birds and other animals at the Don Edwards San Francisco Bay National Wildlife Refuge (note dogs aren't allowed there).

Good

Four stars for the paved roads, nice facilities (there's a visitor's center and restrooms, a garden, and a picnic area) and the beautiful views of the bay. Negatives are that the smell is truly awful (a marsh is a marsh) and it's not really a hike, more of a walk. Not a lot of elevation gain.

Not my fav. I ran it a few times only because it was local. The views are chill, but for a person that likes to jog/hike this hike kinda sucks lol. Smells like shit and there's very little shade. I almost got sprayed by a skunk, I probably cleared all the spider webs one morning lol.

My favorite running trail - expansive views, varied terrain (several other hillier trails connect to this one).

The last time I hiked this trail was 30 years ago. The trail is still the same but most of the trail is now paved and lots more new trails cutting through this main trail. We chose to do the incline part first up the steps to re-enact my first hike up here. The views of the bay, the meadow, the eucalyptus trees, and the sight of a herd of about a couple hundred sheep homing was a plus. Though it's the dry season, the smell of licorice along the trail was a nostalgic reminder of the good ol' days.

I liked this trail a lot! Beautiful and refreshing

Beautiful trail with lots of scenery to enjoy and piers to take restful breaks on. The marsh smells, well, like a marsh... So just expect nature to be itself. The paved roads were mildly bumpy, but not enough to discourage cycling.

wilderness surrounded by the city life,
anytime I'm tired of the city crowd, this is my hideaway, alongside the Don Edwards wild life refuge

One of the most scenic places. Not too many people on weekdays. A great way to spend your day.

Great View. Fun trail to walk. I suggest combining it with Red Hill Trail to get a bird’s eye view of the bay. For a full day hike you can start at the end of Alameda Creek trail and Beard Staging center or Quarry Staging center. Take the spur off at Alameda Creek Trail and go up to the top of Red Hill. On the back side of Red Hill is the Dairy Glen center which has a bath room, bbq pit, water fountain and pavilion. The hills will give your quads a good work out. They are steep so coming down can be rough on the knees.

Amazing view

Real nice 4-5 mile loop. We had plenty of fun, located rabbits, gophers, a variety of birds. You can turn this into a reasonably moderate hike by climbing some of the hills (while they are not on the trail path).

Easy trail, lots of lovely views. I went when it was overcast so it was super cold.

This trail would be ideal for a dog walk or a quick run.

I wish I had taken some photo's to share with you all.

Saturday, November 05, 2016

Lovely walk with beautiful views. Nothing too strenuous. Great if you have a small dog.

Saturday, November 05, 2016

Easy hike and beautiful view..

Saturday, September 10, 2016

well maintained and paved. good with kids

Thursday, September 01, 2016

I really enjoy this. Lots of trails for street biking, dirt biking, or just hiking. Really nice and a must go to the top

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

I love this place for a quick hike. It's got a great view of the Bay and the marsh and multiple hikes that you can do. There's hikes that's all flat, one with a moderate incline, and ones where there's 3 steep hills. The place is dog and horse friendly. Lots of places for picnics, bird watching, and biking as well.

I love that you can get cell reception throughout the park so if you want to hike on your own, you'll know help is just a phone call away.

The only major downside here is that the place stinks.

Monday, July 11, 2016

our ride was good I had a friend with me and we left from hayward recreational wild life .and we had a good ride .

Saturday, April 23, 2016