Bay View Marsh Trail

Bay View Marsh Trail is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near San Pablo, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Note about Dogs: Dogs are allowed off leash on all dirt trails and beaches, Dogs MUST be on leash in parking lots and paved trails through the center of the park. Dogs may NOT go on Pier or in marked marsh area. Explore the marsh Point on this loop trail. There are stunning views of the Bay as you walk along the shoreline on The Bay View Trail. Pt. Pinole Regional Shoreline is a little known jewel of the East Bay Regional Park District. Located just off the Richmond Parkway in Richmond, it was the location of the Giant Powder Plant. The Giant Powder Company was the first company in America to produce dynamite. The park is approx 2,600 acres with a variety of very easy trails. The park also includes a playground, volley ball court, picnic areas, a fishing wharf, shuttle service and equestrian trailer parking. All trails are old roads from the powder plant and wander throughout the park, following the shoreline with beautiful views of the San Pablo Bay and Marin and through the eucalyptus trees.

Lovely trail with lovely views.

Great hike!!

Love this park. Absolutely beautiful views of the bay. Very easy walk. It can get windy though. Great place for a leisurely walk, plenty of seating along the way to rest and reflect. Great for dogs as well!

TIPS:
- Windbreaker will be VERY helpful in the shore Portion of trail as we still felt the cold breeze despite 80 degree weather.
- sun shading apparel (hat, sunglasses) not needed.
- Trekking pole not needed.
- 2 rest rooms with drinking fountains. One at the beginning and one at the mid point (where the pier is)
- parking fee only when gate is staffed.

Pretty relaxed and easy hike. Good for conditioning or for strolling. My BIL and I brought our 2 yo daughters and they enjoyed the hike PLUS there's a playground at the beginning of the trail that they enjoyed.

TIPS:
- sun shading apparel (hat, sunglasses) not needed.
- Trekking pole not needed.
- parking fee only when gate is staffed.

One of my very favorite! Great views of the bay, great for kids too.

Simple hike with amazing views. There were also a lot of safety procautions taken to protect vistors. The park can be pretty busy, recommended to go in the morning if you would like a little more seclusion.

Saturday, October 08, 2016

Love this walk. We've been doing it for years and it's a great place to enjoy one of the few places where the bay edge / marsh can be viewed in a relatively pristine state. It's also interesting because it's at the transition point between bay and delta water and so there is a lot of diverse landscape. Good for jogging or walking, one could spend an hour or a day here. Great eucalyptus forest covers much of the landscape. Very beautiful.

Saturday, October 01, 2016

Pt Pinole Regional Park

Friday, September 16, 2016

Nice place to stroll with my dogs. Pretty good views that you wouldn't normally see. My wife liked this one because there wasn't any hills... We saw quite a few hikers and runners that day.

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Hiking here is like a stroll in the park! This trail is great for running.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

I follow the Cooks Point Trail then the Marsh Trail all the way to the edge of the water. Love the peaceful and tranquil scenery.

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Went down to the beach during the low tide, instead of the usual trail on the cliff, the hike was was serene.

Sunday, January 03, 2016

Enjoyed the views, it was a relaxing hike. Easy and quick.

Sunday, September 20, 2015

I have been in this trail many times but I've never tired of it. Plenty to see but my favorite was the sunset.

Sunday, June 21, 2015

One of the few places we've been that really do let dogs off leash for most of the walk--and everyone was so friendly about it. Plenty of picnic area too. Would recommend arriving later in the day so you can catch the sunset.

Monday, May 18, 2015

Plenty to do and see, my favorite was the dense eucalyptus forest in the middle of the park. Only knock is that it's not much of a workout

Saturday, May 02, 2015

Beautiful place along the coast, dog friendly off leash and plenty of room to get away from other people.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Very scenic, but dont expect much of a workout. The trail is pretty flat but there is very interesting history in the area.

Saturday, November 24, 2012

I went on this hike a week ahead of my group. Not as scout but got the wrong date. I got there a few minutes late and assumed they were ahead. I decided to jog to meet them. After half hour I realized I was a week early. When I came back the next week, I was happy to noticed they took a different path of the many choices in here. I used to come often more than 15 years ago. It was not as developed as now. Great view of the sunset and a few spots to sit with a date and enjoy it. I have someone in mind to do just that...