Batiquitos Lagoon Trail

Batiquitos Lagoon Trail is a 3.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Carlsbad, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a great workout hike during the week. This trail is one the entire family can enjoy since there is something for everyone. Lots of herons, mud hens, lizards, rabbits, lagoon, and flora views. It's not not too crowded, depending on time of day and weather. One drawback is bikes, and people stoping on the trail to enjoy the area, so pay attention.

My wife and I really enjoyed this hike. Plenty of shade and benches.

It’s a nice trail. I’m not fond of the freeway noise, but the last time I ran here, a blue heron was struggling to eat a sting ray, so for that reason alone, it gets 4 stars.

Around lagoon. Flatter place to run, but not excessively easy on ankles (dirt path). Mtb trails. Not for altitude or picturesque hike. Dogs allowed.

Such a pretty trail. Lots of birds. Try the trail to the right along the freeway.

Beautiful! Took a nice walk with my friend today and it was everything I thought it would be. Nice to get out and enjoy the nature and wildlife!

Hiking

Great family trail, keep and eye out for snakes, saw a 4ft snake on the trail (non-poisonous)

Fun little day hike, trail run.

I’m restricted from strenuous exercise for a few weeks so I️ needed a flat trail — this did the trick! Was able to get in 45 minutes and didn’t even finish the whole trail. Tranquil place with pretty views of the lagoon. Saw a beautiful white bird.

I like to use this trail in the mid to late afternoon as a traffic break on my way back to OC. Great for stretching your legs....I keep a look out for the Osprey.
Very nice people on the trail...
Challenging, No. Scenic and a place to close off your mind and forget the Crap for awhile...definitely

Really nice, scenic hike! Not many uphill trails, but there were some beautiful spots if you did go up a trail! We couldn't find the rope swing like others did, but it was still a very fun and enjoyable experience.

Good afternoon stroll with the pup.

Friday, June 30, 2017

Not much of a hike, just a trail near the marshy bits of the lagoon. Some signage pointing out wildlife/fauna.

Friday, June 09, 2017

A little disappointing. Expected more Trail and less neighborhood/sidewalk. Also didn't get as near to the water as we expected. It's fine but I'm sure there are a lot better trails around.

Wednesday, June 07, 2017

Very easy nice peaceful trail, a few spots you could go up but end up in neighborhoods try to stay on main trail.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Flat trail. No real hiking. Nice views. Good for the dog out and back.

Friday, May 26, 2017

Nice mellow walk,flat ground no hills

Saturday, May 20, 2017

Enjoyed our easy walk around the lagoon

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Perfect every day hiking place, with your dog :)

Sunday, May 07, 2017

Very easy and enjoyable trail run.

Tuesday, May 02, 2017

beautiful flat trail!

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Easy, clean trail. A little too easy even for our 6 year old. We did find a cool side trail that went up the a hill and overlooked the lagoon. There was a big tree at the top with Rope swings tied to it. That was fun.

Friday, March 31, 2017

awesome views, perfect weather, good hike for beginners

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Lovely option by the water

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

It was a nice easy walk with the family!

Monday, March 13, 2017

Very easy

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Really easy trail but very fun and beautiful! Would recommend if you're in the area and want an easy workout day.

Sunday, February 12, 2017

I took my dog on this trail and it was so much fun! I have a very old dog who also has arthritis and can't do many hikes but I like to get him outside as much as I can. He loved it! He was so excited and it was just long enough that by the time we got back to the car he was ready to sleep.

Sunday, February 05, 2017

Great morning walk!

Saturday, February 04, 2017

Great easy hike to do with little ones. Stroller friendly and wide enough to walk side by side. Well maintained with lots of joggers.