Batiquitos Lagoon Trail

Batiquitos Lagoon Trail is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Carlsbad, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This is a great workout hike during the week. This trail is one the entire family can enjoy since there is something for everyone. Lots of herons, mud hens, lizards, rabbits, lagoon, and flora views. It's not not too crowded, depending on time of day and weather. One drawback is bikes, and people stoping on the trail to enjoy the area, so pay attention.

I’m restricted from strenuous exercise for a few weeks so I️ needed a flat trail — this did the trick! Was able to get in 45 minutes and didn’t even finish the whole trail. Tranquil place with pretty views of the lagoon. Saw a beautiful white bird.

I like to use this trail in the mid to late afternoon as a traffic break on my way back to OC. Great for stretching your legs....I keep a look out for the Osprey.
Very nice people on the trail...
Challenging, No. Scenic and a place to close off your mind and forget the Crap for awhile...definitely

Really nice, scenic hike! Not many uphill trails, but there were some beautiful spots if you did go up a trail! We couldn't find the rope swing like others did, but it was still a very fun and enjoyable experience.

Good afternoon stroll with the pup.

Not much of a hike, just a trail near the marshy bits of the lagoon. Some signage pointing out wildlife/fauna.

A little disappointing. Expected more Trail and less neighborhood/sidewalk. Also didn't get as near to the water as we expected. It's fine but I'm sure there are a lot better trails around.

Very easy nice peaceful trail, a few spots you could go up but end up in neighborhoods try to stay on main trail.

Flat trail. No real hiking. Nice views. Good for the dog out and back.

Nice mellow walk,flat ground no hills

Enjoyed our easy walk around the lagoon

Perfect every day hiking place, with your dog :)

Very easy and enjoyable trail run.

beautiful flat trail!

Easy, clean trail. A little too easy even for our 6 year old. We did find a cool side trail that went up the a hill and overlooked the lagoon. There was a big tree at the top with Rope swings tied to it. That was fun.

awesome views, perfect weather, good hike for beginners

Lovely option by the water

It was a nice easy walk with the family!

Very easy

Really easy trail but very fun and beautiful! Would recommend if you're in the area and want an easy workout day.

Sunday, February 12, 2017

I took my dog on this trail and it was so much fun! I have a very old dog who also has arthritis and can't do many hikes but I like to get him outside as much as I can. He loved it! He was so excited and it was just long enough that by the time we got back to the car he was ready to sleep.