Bassi Falls is a 4.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Pollock Pines, California that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 4.3 miles Elevation Gain: 505 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Easy, short hike to an incredible waterfall. When you reach the base of Bassi Falls, you will be treated to an awesome view of the entire 120 ft. cascade. Later in the summer, there is really not much to see, as Bassi Creek becomes a mere fragment of its former self.

Great trail even with the water way done. Spring is way better but still a great hike. There is a trail to the top of the falls to the left of the bottom of the falls.

We enjoyed the beautiful views, but lost the trail a few times. It was a nice easy walk, but we should've looked at pictures before we started. We saw a small waterfall while we were off the trail and thought it was falls we were looking for. We were really disappointed later to discover we were probably a half mile short of the actual falls we were looking for.

We went on this hike today, and definitely want to return in spring when the falls are in their full glory. It was still beautiful even though the waterfall was quite modest at this time of year. I recommend clicking the directions button in the All trails app and following the GPS. We took a wrong turn trying to follow the written directions on this site and ended up on a super rugged road in a Honda Fit. Turned around after we plugged into the app and found the place to park that way. We lost the trail several times so I’m rating it 4 stars because the markings could be clearer. But gorgeous scenery, fresh air, and the smell of the forest made it worth it. Relaxing on the cool rocks while listening to the sound of falling water was as zen as it gets.

There is one section- near all the granite slabs- where the trail is hard to find. I lost it on the way out and back, but eventually made it back to the trail. The pools/swimming holes are SO beautiful and I can’t wait to come back in the spring and swim in them when the river is more full. Even in late summer, the waterfall isn’t completely dried up and is very scenic! Look for the hiking man signs on the trees to follow the trail. Sometimes the varied color markers led astray from the path. Saw some chipmunks and even some butterflies too! Will return and do this hike in the spring.

Nice hike. As far as getting there, just take the right turn that is across the street from the entrance of Big Silver Campground. You will then have the option to go straight or veer to the right and go down another gravel road. If you keep going straight, that is the road that has some rough terrain but it’s not nearly as big of a deal as people are making it out to be. We accidentally went down that road and a Prius was in front of us and managed the road just fine. If you take the road that veers to the right it will lead you to a big open area where you can park and then start on the trail head. Or, from that same parking lot, you will see another gravel road to the right that you can drive down and park in another area where there are some campsites. It’s basically just another trail to get to Bassi Falls. We used the All trails GPS map to find the trail head once we were there and it worked perfectly. We had a signal (AT&T) for most of the hike. We were there in the middle of September on a Sunday at about 10:30 AM. It was 75° and very few people there. Unfortunately the falls were nothing more than a trickle, but you could still take a dip in one of the swimming holes. We plan on returning in May so the falls will be as expected. I’ve added pictures with labels that show the parking lot and the entrances.

Beautiful Rocky area along the waterfall (though pretty dry right now). would not recommend the "Getting there" instructions in alltrails unless you have a rugged all/4 wheel drive - lots of large potholes in the dirt road and takes you very close to the waterfall so the hike is less than a mile instead of 4 roundtrip like the description says (unless that's what you want). we drove as far as we could and pulled off when there was a large open space to the right and walked the rest of the way, otherwise it's also hard to u turn on the small road.

Nice accessible hike. Falls were all but dry by this point but still a nice family hike. Disappointed with the amount of garbage, along the 2 mi trail from camping area and around the base of the falls. Cigarette butts on the trail! Seriously! Came out with a bag full of cans, water bottles, and the darn kiddy juice pouches (lots of cellophane straw wrappers). I did mention it was a nice hike, right?

went last week with my fiance and we both really enjoyed it. it seems a bit longer than it really is, we started at the camp ground and her mile counter said we went 3.8 miles down and back. besides that, it's worth while when you get to the falls, take a lunch, take your shoes off and put your peets in one of the pools. watch out for the signs that direct you to the path, some parts theres sorts no trail.

I did not plan well for this trip and follow the google maps instead of reading the comments here. I don’t know why I didn’t because I always do. So! Made the biggest mistake and got lost multiple times because we followed Google maps. When we finally did follow the direction here, it was a bit late. With a cranky husband who’s been driving for hours and the teens hot and tired from sitting , we turned around once we got to the unpaved dirt road 12N32A. We mistakenly took our compact car instead of our SUV so we hit a big bump couple of times and husband was not happy. Not knowing what lies ahead, road condition that is, we turned around. I am so disappointed especially I know we were almost there. I felt really really stupid but there’s always next time. I’m giving it 3 stars for poor signs. But the drive is scenic.

If you’re looking for a decent short hike with a nice view this is the hike for you. Trail is pretty easy to follow. Didn’t encounter much mosquitoes. Not steep at all with no switchbacks. The steepest part is prob the climb to the top of the fall. It’s nice up there as well.

Loved this hike! So many places to go swimming at the base of the falls. Good place for fishing as well!

Had a wonderful hike to the falls. Relatively easy trek, although we did lose the trail a few times. Follow the blue ribbons. Took a dip in the water at about half way. It might be easy to get lost if you move away from that main trail, remember to look for built rocks and branches to point you in the right direction. The one sad part that almost ruined the entire day was when we finally made it back to our car. Someone had written "STUPID PARKING" in huge letters across our back window. First of all, we were the first car there and had never been before so didnt know there was "a way" to park the car. it was on the side and out of the way like other cars had been parked when we got back. That is very rude and disrespectful for someone to have written that on my car. It wasnt a parking lot. Other than that... great hike!

This is a wonderful and easy hike. ❤️ Bring sunscreen and an ample water supply as a majority of the trail isn’t shaded. The creeks, small pools, and waterfalls are absolutely beautiful. This is a great trail for all levels, families, and dogs. It is slightly uphill but it isn’t anything too strenuous. Also, drive up a little bit further than Google maps suggests.. There is more parking that will place you right at the start of the trail head instead of having to walk up the dirt road a little bit. And please, pack out ALL trash. I picked up a lot of trash; most being plastic bottles and aluminum cans. It is upsetting to see all of the trash carelessly left from previous hikers and campers. It is very disrespectful and irresponsible.

This was a beautiful hike with several waterfalls and areas to swim in if you can brave the cold water. The trail is well maintained. It was a little tricky getting there. If you want to have a short hike then take 12N32A but if you want the longer hike take 12N32. 12N32A was tricky to navigate by car especially near the end because of the large divots in the road. I recommend parking down the road and just walking in from a further distance.

beautiful amazing hike! I almost wanna say it's awful as to not share lol it's worth every bit of the drive.

This hike was beautiful! Very open and our dog loved it as well being able to explore with us. The waterfall was gorgeous! Definitely kid friendly

I cried on the way back and I’m a 21 year old muscular man with a beard. Go to the right area, it looks like the trail will end many times.

Great easy hike. The trail is in great condition.

best in morning. water is way less than last month.

Getting to the trailhead was a bit nerve wracking but so worth the effort. We went early- about 8:30 am - and were so glad we did because the place with getting crowded as we were leaving. The falls were beautiful and the trail relatively easy for us newbies.

Absolutely raging in June. Hike is easy to follow, somewhat crowded later in the morning, parking could be hard. But, so worth it!

Great easy hike. Went during the tail end of the day and got back to our car around sunset. Dog friendly and an easy hike for them too. As other hikers have mentioned, do not follow google maps as it will take you off track. Follow the directions here and you’ll be fine.

Don't listen to the GPS map when you're On ice house road. MI wanted to turn me down every unknown gravel road there was.