Bassi Falls

Bassi Falls is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Pollock Pines, California that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Easy, short hike to an incredible waterfall. When you reach the base of Bassi Falls, you will be treated to an awesome view of the entire 120 ft. cascade. Later in the summer, there is really not much to see, as Bassi Creek becomes a mere fragment of its former self.

Very fun quick hike, no stars guns off of ice house rd so it can be hard to find. The turn off is after the silver creek bridge. Stay to the right. There are two parking areas off the gravel road. The first is easy and best for regular cars, the second lot to the right and down farther is washed out.

Beautiful, easy hike for most.

Simply beautiful. Loved walking by the water at different points on the path.

Nice trail. About .7 in there is a teaser cascading fall where there are some pools to swim. At the Falls itself, there are several swimming pools—wish I had my suit! Falls still running pretty good on June 14.

Nice easy hike and beautiful. My children loved it. Be warned to get to the falls is a VERY steep entrance. And lots of rocks at the end. Careful with little ones.

Lots of water still flowing!

adorable trail and great waterfall views ! easy for all ages... just be wary of slippery rocks and rushing water parts of the year !

Awesome adventure trail, short and sweet hike up to the base of the falls, then a fun cairn led scramble up to the top of the granite overlook. The access road is best in a high clearance vehicle, but I saw some passenger cars at the trailhead. Awesome spot for dogs to run and explore.

I took my two boys 8 and 12, the trail was a perfect Adventure. we just mosied along took our time, made sure to look at all our beautiful surroundings and sure enough we came to the Majestic spot. we sat down and had lunch. It was a wonderful hike!

Gorgeous, yet very easy hike

Enjoyed this trail. Waterfall looks great right now. Very enjoyable walk for beginners.

Beautiful right now! Easy trail, no snow. if you dont want to encounter a lot of people go during the week!

Beautiful short hike and the end destination is an amazing lunch spot! Took me around 1.5 hours round trip. I had a hard time finding the trail head because the gravel road has a tons of "no motor vehicles" signs so I ended up walking up that road. Saw a a few cars drove in...next time.

Bassi Fall was a very nice hike. Beautiful fall and views and not very strenuous. Great time to go.

Great short hike with amazing waterfall and pools at the end.

Bassi falls is beautiful right now and the view from the top is pretty incredible too.

Gorgeous

Awesome

Great hike, even with the younger kiddos. Still quite a bit of snow on the ground, but in patches. The falls were amazing. So happy we made it out there.

I love this hike! although we went yesterday and all I can say is bring your snowshoes! guess we've got wait a couple of months to enjoy again.

Loved this hike! Pretty easy but a great hike. lots of different terrains. The falls are fabulous!

There is no access to the parking lot until April so park on the side of Ice House Rd. and walk the rest of the way up to the trail access. A friend and I did this hike on Wednesday morning/afternoon in January and we did not encounter any other hikers along the way. It is really easy to get lost but there are trail markers on the trees on the way up. However, there are not as many trail markers on the way back so I highly recommend downloading the offline map. Easy hike with gorgeous views. will be back in the summer for a swim.

This trail was beautiful. You can take a short cut to get to the main trail, but I highly suggest you hike it from the trail marker. When you first drive up to the trail there is a very small parking lot (if you start your hike on the trail at that parking area, that’s the short cut). Off to the right there is a road that continues down the park. The real trail marker starts down that road. You can’t miss the sign.

This trail was great! It has beautiful views and it was fun climbing through the rocks at the end. Very little snow and only saw three groups of other hikers. Spent most the hike in solitude.

Very easy 2 mile stroll from the parking area. Minimal elevation gain/loss. Waterfall was quite full; there’s actually a smaller but still impressive fall about 2/3 of the way.

You can scramble up the side of the falls to get to the top with lovely views. I can see this area being quite popular in the summer, but as of this writing there were only about a dozen or so people on the trail and no snow yet.

As others have noted, there are places where the trail is easily lost, but if you’ve downloaded the map for offline use you can easily find your way again. There’s actually a pair of cell towers at the top of a nearby ridge; from the top of the falls I had a clear line of sight and nearly full bars on my mobile!

Lots of nearby lakes/reservoirs to explore. Happy trails!

Beautiful hike. Sometime the trail was hard to stay on. Look for the hiking signs on the trees if you do get off the trail. Waterfall still going strong 11/12/17. Can’t wait to do it again

Very easy hike, I took my 80 year old grandpa and he honestly did better than some of the adults. Beautiful water fall with a small waterhole at the bottom to swim in.

Awesome trail. Great condition and lots of scenery. Perfect weather in late September. Wanna go camping there.

Super easy trail. Great for the kiddos! We needed a little more of a challenge so we climbed up the side of the fall to the top. That was a beautiful view!