Barney Lake Trail

Barney Lake Trail is a 5.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mammoth Lakes, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful trail but still a little early to complete the whole thing. Only made it to about Skelton Lake before the trail was too snowed in to continue with just hiking boots.

See my review of May 26th hike on Skeleton Lake Trail. We tried to hike to Barney Lake but there was so much deep snow and we were not prepared so we stopped at Skeleton Lake.

Great day hike. Awesome views. A few switchbacks early in the hike. Bring water. A few mosquitoes, but the breeze kept them moving.

Great moderate hike! We had to use deet because of mosquitoes. But still well worth the hike.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

I took the Emerald Lake Trail over to Skeleton Lake and then up to Barney Lake. On my way back to the car I went down towards Arrowhead Lake. Easy, beautiful hike with some snowy patches once you get past Skeleton Lake. Some people were continuing up Duck Pass. More snow in that direction but looks totally doable.