Barker Pass to Twin Peaks

Barker Pass to Twin Peaks is a 11.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Homewood, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

2060 feet

It is late October 28, 2017.
Barker Pass to Twin Peaks Trail / 12 miles

Late autumn, late fall mountain ... The last trek in October is the Twin Peaks from the Lake Tahoe area, Barker Pass. As Lake Tahoe gets closer, hwy 80 seems to run to the winter. cold.

We drove along the Lake Tahoe side to the Home wood ski area and took the road towards the Barker pass for 20 more minutes to get to the Trailhead. If you walk over 5 miles of beautiful PCT section, you will be able to reach Twin peaks. I have a hard time getting ready for a walk with cold air in the morning sunshine. As always, the way to go is always the same ...

Ah, the PCT section passing through the Lake Tahoe Basin is so touching, so impressive every time I come. Particularly, today 's section is very well connected except for the last summit, so you can walk without much burden, and you can have a wonderful view that you can take the fatigue of the mountain by the section.

After 5 miles of overlapping PCT and TRT (Tahoe Rim Trail), it is a little less than a mile after a split into TRT at the crossroads, and a small pathway appears towards Twin peaks. Now it is full hill. The slope is not a joke. I admire the appearance of people climbing up a slope that is dizzying ... We are just climbing rocky mountains like them. The higher the altitude, the more the autumn sky the Lake Tahoe contains.

One side is a steep cliff, the other is a sharp cliff, where the two meet, and it is normal. It is possible to face a splendid view in that place, but enjoying that feeling is also a moment ... It may be the place where the desperation that the time of staying is too short maybe for us who have to go down. It was. I thought why I should not stay any longer. As soon as I came to the top, I was in a hurry to worry about going back. By the way, today ... Americans who have been in the tops of the world before us are taking their place for a long time after we went up and down. I was enjoying time at the top. Their appearance is not erased all the time. How precious is it? I had to go to the mountains to find a good place to stay for a while and enjoy the moment like eternity ^^

Lake Tahoe is tinted with golden light after a day when it is more meaningful to be able to hike with the sky and the stars. In the late afternoon sunshine, the maple leaves of the street trees sparkle and run on whispering paths. In the car running along the shore of the lake, music is played by the son who plays carefully. Lake says. Happiness is like this ...,

Happiness is a decision you make, not an emotion you feel!

Cool weather, nice weather for hiking! The trail is great, the PCT doesn't appoint us always:) Yeh, the length of trail is a little bit long... but it really worth it to get the top! At the top, there are amazing view ever. Enjoy you guys hiking before snow!

Monday, September 05, 2016