Bark Park Trail and New Millenium Loop Trail

Bark Park Trail and New Millenium Loop Trail is a 12.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Calabasas, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Go up the Bark Park trail on the left of the dog park. Make a right on the New Millenium loop trail. The trail is very well marked. Cross the road called Prado Del Grandioso to continue on the single lane trail. Cross Parkway Calabasas in front of the gate to some celebrities homes. Go up a very interesting narrow and hilly section until you get to the reservoir. You will be going down hill and quickly after up hill again very close to the freeway, until reaching a 1 mile section of road (Gun Club Rd) at mile 9. Make sure to take the trail again on the left. After some uphill, you will soon hit the Bark Park trail on the right to finish at the dog park where you started. The distance of a half marathon.

Hey, my husband, dog and I must literally be the laziest, most out of shape pieces of shit on the planet because we considered this hike STRENUOUS. We hiked counter clockwise and felt like after the first 1/3, the inclines were never ending. We were completely wiped out at the end and my husband actually had to carry our 4-year-old, 70 lb. pit bull from the trail head (at the end) to our car. Kudos to all of you who consider this hike EASY, you are living your best life. FYI - I am 44 yrs old, 130 lbs and my husband is 29 yrs old, 175 lbs and a professional skateboarder. I only mention that to show that we are average active humans and not sedentary obese couch potatoes who don’t hike. This hike is not EASY for everyone. It’s beautiful though, that is for sure! Make sure you wear well padded soles, tons of fist sized rocks on the trail and I felt every single one!!!

Wonderful loop. Interesting uphills and some views. Might be the closest you'll get to previous Justin Bieber's house :-)